Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

What modifications do we have to the exterior of our A2's?. Just wondering if the A2 is designed for modification to the exterior or do we all like them to look bog-standard?. Any experiences of fitting exterior modifications would be good. Of course we will all see them when we have the social!. Just wanted to start another topic to get the old grey matter thinking.

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

I'd say that counts!...am looking forward to seeing your photos as I'm sure everyone else is.

By the way, if you've already sent them to me - I'm having a phone line installed this weekend in my new house so will upload them over the weekend.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

Pictures sent to you of Stereo yesterday, Yep I have made them a little smaller.

By they way should all the mirrors vibrate so I can't see behind when I wind up the b*** ?[:0]

I'll also send a specification of install When I get change to type it up.

Thanks...I had a nightmare last weekend when someone sent me 50MB of photos and it blocked up my whole email system etc Will look at them on Saturday hopefully (if NTL turn up this time!)

Not so sure that the windows should vibrate - but then I've never seen an A2 with a b*** tube in it!

OH Stuart_D, this is no ordinary B***, nor a tube.

This baby is custom made box made of 3 layers of 18mm HDF with epoxy layers between each section. This then holds my 11" Focal sub in a custom chamber. 600Watts RMS in the boot with one amp.

The other Amp runs the Front speakers just for fun.

Laugh, it will make your fillings fall out.

I can't wait to have a meeting, We can have some competitions for Cleanest car, furthest travelled etc.

Can you fit RS4 Chrome wing mirror's to a A2, of BMW M3 ?

I would love to do some basic mods to the car. Looked at the ABT alloy trim-£170!. I think I will stick to a cd changer!.

I like the look at that ABT alloy trim too!
I am hoping that ABT will give the club a set so that I can give it away as a competition prize sometime this year.

I'm having the full Projektzwo kit fitted (except for the front grill)
, prefer the black original.

www.projektzwo.de

And I am using the original 7x17" alus that come with the S-Line (Sport in UK) for the winter tyres ( Pirelli 205/45-17 Snowsport).
For summer use I am planning to use 8x17" alus with 215/35-17 tyres.
Haven't decided on the design of the wheels yet though.
For the suspension I am fitting an adjustable kit from KW.

A tip: The Alu. pedals from the new Polo will also fit the A2.
Looks quite nice and are cheap ! Just £40 here in Norway !

BK

Soon the owner of a Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

This man is a god-is there anything your not doing to your A2?. We must have pictures when available-this I have to see!.

I'll send pictures of my new A2 as soon as it appears
at our dealership. It's estimated production week is 43.
So it will arrive here hopefully in week 45.

I'm going to the Essen Motorshow in Germany the first week of
December (49)to buy a lot of my styling/tuning parts there.
It's a lot cheaper than buying it here in Norway, even with
discounts of up to 40-45% on some parts.
So I am just hoping that my A2 don't get delayed too much from the factory as i was hoping to make the journey with the A2.

Couldn't think of a better way to travel:D

BK

Soon the owner of a Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

I'd love to see BK's A2 when it arrives, especially seeing that I'm in Norway for a bit longer (6 months of work in Oslo), but I expect to be going back to southern England in wk42... It's quite a trek to UK as the only ferries are Kristiansand or Bergen/Stavanger to Newcastle...

What are peoples thoughts on modifications, I'm a great fan of original design, Although I would like to see a sport version of the A2 with more modifications!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Potato

I agree with you - I'm not a fan of modifications or this "Max Power" nonsense. Maybe I would have been 10 years ago but boy racing is not my thing now! If it was, I would not have bought an A2. I've also never understood the point of buying a £4k car and putting a £5k stereo in. Why not just buy a £9k car?

I would also not get a car "chipped" especially whilst under warranty. Even afterwards, it will cause complications with insurance - assuming people declare their modifications!

But BK's A2 sounds really cool - although it will probably weigh more than a Scania truck with so many options! It has almost certainly cost as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back