my head is being turned by something equally as divisive

roc-a-rhol

A2OC Donor
Wales
ive spent an unhealthy amount of time recently looking at the nissan cube.
more specifically the z11 which is the first lot of cubes imported in the early 00's
it's versatility, unusual styling and cult following reminds me a lot of the a2.
...there's even a caddy version which isn't too unlike the few a2 caddies about.

has anyone got any personal experience with them?

i really like it's boxy, postman pat appeal. out of context it looks like a big van but it's pretty much identical in size to the a2.
nissan released a 2nd gen cube for the uk market around 2010 - the z12 - which had rounder bits on it which for me kills the cube ethos.

the negatives are they only come in auto with a cvt transmission, and have the aerodynamics of a double decker (avg 35mpg)
they're also still quite expensive - cheap examples start at £3k and the average is about £6k so seem to hold their values slightly better than the a2

thank you for allowing me to outwardly gush over my new crush.

Attachments

• Nissan_Cube_Z11_007.jpeg
    Nissan_Cube_Z11_007.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 117
more specifically the z11 which is the first lot of cubes imported in the early 00's
it's versatility, unusual styling and cult following reminds me a lot of the a2.
...there's even a caddy version which isn't too unlike the few a2 caddies about.

i really like it's boxy, postman pat appeal. out of context it looks like a big van but it's pretty much identical in size to the a2.
nissan released a 2nd gen cube for the uk market around 2010 - the z12 - which had rounder bits on it which for me kills the cube ethos.

the negatives are they only come in auto with a cvt transmission, and have the aerodynamics of a double decker (avg 35mpg)
they're also still quite expensive - cheap examples start at £3k and the average is about £6k so seem to hold their values slightly better than the a2

Very popular in Japan these are, but its not an A2 :)

Last edited:
Always fancied one of these myself...I like odd 'different' cars, but my wife said she would leave me if I bought one...so I decided that its best I didn't get one. I fear that one day a decent offer for one may come along and I will have an itch I need to scratch and buy it...watch this space, I may be looking for a sofa to crash on in the future!!!

Always fancied one of these myself...I like odd 'different' cars, but my wife said she would leave me if I bought one...so I decided that its best I didn't get one. I fear that one day a decent offer for one may come along and I will have an itch I need to scratch and buy it...watch this space, I may be looking for a sofa to crash on in the future!!!

Your wife has impeccable taste Andy. 😜

I looked at these a few years ago as I always like something a bit different. Looked at a few but never really had the gut feeling to purchase one. Maybe being of Scottish decent I didn't like the RFL or purchase price, but like @Clackers said it does feel like a itch I still need to scratch, so keep us posted.

I like the way they are different by design, brave. I too have a MRs who would leave me though. Otherwsie yeah I would have tried one, like i would have aa brabus smart car.

Probably get one, (sofa), in a Cube.
Mac

my wife is also dead against me getting one so i guess we could pool our money and turn one in to a camper 😆

I like the way they are different by design, brave. I too have a MRs who would leave me though. Otherwsie yeah I would have tried one, like i would have aa brabus smart car.
I had a Smart roadster, brilliant fun, but anything over 50mph deemed it pointless trying to talk to your passenger! great for pottering around town in the summer, but cold and damp in the winter!!!!

i had a standard 51 plate lhd smart fortwo. really fun to drive and surprisingly spacious in the front. even enough room for my 40kg giant schnauzer in the back!
not the quickest though, and you'd be chancing it trying to drive in high winds!

i had a standard 51 plate lhd smart fortwo. really fun to drive and surprisingly spacious in the front. even enough room for my 40kg giant schnauzer in the back!
not the quickest though, and you'd be chancing it trying to drive in high winds!

I had an 800cc diesel coupe, awesome little car and as you say, more space than you’d credit them having.
No road tax and 80 to the gallon

Sent from thin air

my t4 gets better mpg and probably rusts about the same . my old neighbour has a yellow one and says its very slow . if that helps

I always liked them. The Kia Soul I think is along the same lines

Back