My second A2

Gily

Today I sold my first A2 and bought my second one. Very sad to see my trusty green gone; fingers crossed that my 2005 Dolphin Grey tdi will equal the first's 200,000 miles trouble free driving...

Today I sold my first A2 and bought my second one. Very sad to see my trusty green gone; fingers crossed that my 2005 Dolphin Grey tdi will equal the first's 200,000 miles trouble free driving...

Welcome to the A2OC. Have you just discovered the club or have you watched without joining for 200k miles of time and tide?!! :)

Good luck with the new car; how long did you have the original one for? And did you just fancy a change or was the first car having problems due to wear and tear?

It's always good to know how the A2 is fairing with owners over time - there's a few now that have clocked up a fair old mileage with few problems other than the usual consumables needing replacement.

Cheers, M

Thanks, @Mike and M.

I discovered the A2OC when I started to contemplate changing my original A2. Wish I had found it sooner - it's great.
No problems with the old one which I had for five years, other than a couple of niggly electrical problems - as you say wear and tear. Not a mark on the bodywork and the petrol consumption had suddenly improved by 15% in the last month?
But I do high annual mileage and reasoned that even if my green tdi had continued for another two years adding 50,000 to the clock, I might not have been able to find a replacement at that point with low miles. Who knows...

Thanks, @Mike and @M.

I discovered the A2OC when I began contemplating changing my car a couple of months ago. I was curious to know how long I could expect my 1.4 tdi engine to continue trouble free and wondered if any members owned higher mileage vehicles. Wish I had discovered it sooner - it's great.
My old A2 didn't have any major problems - a few electrical niggles (petrol cap/alarm), but otherwise running as good as ever and bodywork brilliant. In fact the fuel consumption had suddenly improved from 340 miles per tank to 385 miles? Owned it for five years and only decided to change as I do high annual mileage and reasoned that in another two years time, assuming the old one continued with an extra 50K on the clock, I might not by then be able to find a low mileage diesel to replace it- most appear to be quite high mileage already.

Best,
G

I was curious to know how long I could expect my 1.4 tdi engine to continue trouble free and wondered if any members owned higher mileage vehicles.

Check the following thread for discussion on high mileage A2's here and on the continent. It sounds like 280k is the record so far on a German A2. I pursued an imported A2 for sale in Glasgow last year (on behalf of a friend) which had 227k and boasted one owner and a comprehensive service history. It was already sold @£2k - but I'm confident it would more than likely have a good few years left with its new owner if its spared any accident damage, which is increasingly writing A2's off due to comparitively high repair costs.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?17672-Mile-high-Sorry-high-mile-club!&highlight=high+mile

found the above by entering 'high+mile' into the search box; not a great search function on here; (it returns too many hits) but theres normally a wealth of information on any subject you may wish to read about - if you have the spare time that is.

Cheers, Murdo

Last edited:
Back