NEW! - Brooklands Motor Museum (Lonon/South) - German Day Sunday 1st October. Gauging Interest

Would you be interested in attending the German Day at Brooklands Motor Museum on Sunday 1st October

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
We have been missing a late summer/early autumn social since Audi Driver International Finished a few years ago, so a huge thank you to @Bobeee who mentioned that Brooklands have a German Day, over breakfast at the start of season social the other week. It looks great and a perfect social for us

A day devoted to all things German as Brooklands welcomes a host of German cars and motorbikes.​

Expect a wide range of cars to admire from the Porsche to VW, Audi to Mercedes-Benz - see the best examples of German engineering through the years.

It’s not just German Cars and bikes that will be filling up the site, the Paddock will be alive with German themed entertainment, food and memorabilia as we celebrate Oktoberfest!

Usually the standard museum entry fee of £24.20 on the day or £22.95 in advance (family rates, plus concession rates available) would apply, but clubs can register for a club stand and pre buy tickets at £18.10 per person.

We would need to have at least 5 cars to have a club stand and buy the cheaper tickets by 18th June. So i thought i would set up a polll initially to gauge interest and then do a full rsvp in a few weeks once we know we would have enough interest.

thank you

Would love to do this but would need to stay overnight the day before as at least a 3 hour drive...

Brooklands is just down the road from me, so count me in for sure. There is also the Brooklands museum and Mercedes Benz World on the same site, so something to take a look at the following day, if you intend to stay overnight.

Highly recommend this one, especially if you also like old aircraft. Took the 911 last year but happy to bring the little car this time.

I went to Brooklands museum Sunday just gone, a good half days visit if you take your time to wander about as I did. Plenty of knowledgeable volunteers available to chat in detail about various exhibits be it bikes, cars or planes.

They also have a London bus exhibition, which I didn’t manage to get around to seeing, plus they do bus rides on a routemaster(?)

9b37608750b4a2a721924647c5812039.jpg

6fd4a8dad3284982a59a410059a65f96.jpg

eb81af9b217876dea13a534e41776174.jpg

edded279136b367236a7e558081ab503.jpg

I went to Brooklands museum Sunday just gone, a good half days visit if you take your time to wander about as I did. Plenty of knowledgeable volunteers available to chat in detail about various exhibits be it bikes, cars or planes.

They also have a London bus exhibition, which I didn’t manage to get around to seeing, plus they do bus rides on a routemaster(?)

9b37608750b4a2a721924647c5812039.jpg

6fd4a8dad3284982a59a410059a65f96.jpg

eb81af9b217876dea13a534e41776174.jpg

edded279136b367236a7e558081ab503.jpg
Thank you - it looks great. We will definitely be going judging by the response. Just need to find out the best way of collecting money for the reduced rate club tickets. I'll try and get a proper post up at the weekend

I would love to visit Weybridge again, as did my apprenticeship there with BAC later to become BAe between 1974 and 1978 working on Concorde.Most of my family also worked on site,my father started work there in 1953 until 1986. My Uncle and cousins also worked at Vickers as it was called then.
Only problem is I probably will not have an A2 to bring,as both maybe sold by then. I could bring a large German Dethleffs motorhome if that is any good to show?

Last edited:
I would love visit Weybridge again, as did my apprenticeship there with BAC later to become BAe between 1974 and 1978 working on Concorde.Most of my family also worked on site,my father started work there in 1953 until 1986. My Uncle and cousins also worked at Vickers as it was called then.
Only problem is I probably will not have an A2 to bring,as both maybe sold by then. I could bring a large German Dethleffs motorhome if that is any good to show?
@terrywindy1 you’re not a million miles from me. Zero chance my wife will agree to come and I’d like to go so you’d be welcome to drive one of mine if you’d like?

I would love to visit Weybridge again, as did my apprenticeship there with BAC later to become BAe between 1974 and 1978 working on Concorde.Most of my family also worked on site,my father started work there in 1953 until 1986. My Uncle and cousins also worked at Vickers as it was called then.
Likewise. I did some work on Concorde, at BAC Filton, back in the day ...
Mac.

@Teresa did you make a decision on German Car Day at Brooklands, October 1, 2023? There appears to be a club registration page (deadline may have passed) or it’s easy to purchase tickets in advance and then convoy in as a group. I have attended these Brooklands events before and would be happy to assist with local knowledge of the area. For example, a good meeting point might be the M&S or Tesco Brooklands carparks on Barnes Wallis Drive Brooklands KT13 0XF just few minutes drive away. For those traveling from other parts of the country, there are hotel accommodation options in Weybridge, Walton, Cobham, Woking and the Guildford area.

Back