New member looking to buy an A2!!

T

tomble22

Hi guys,

We're currently looking for an A2 1.4 Tdi, and unfortunately being in the outer extremities of Cornwall, there isn't much choice!!

We've found this one in a dealer local to us who we've bought from before, but I think it seems overpriced, what do you all think?

http://www.gmocars.co.uk/used-cars/audi-a2-1-4-tdi-se-5dr-penzance-201222474109508

We're going to look at it later today, so I'm expecting it to be absolutely mint for that price!!

Thanks

Tom

Welcome to the forum.

I'm a bit out of touch with A2 values these days. But I can share that in 2009 I paid ~£6k for my 2004 1.4TDi with 55k miles. Though mine is a base spec with air-con, metallic paint and CD player, but that SE spec car in your link should only add a bit of value vs a base spec. So I guess I am saying, that to me, it does look expensive. But these cars are becoming rare and collectable.......so what do I know :)

I suspect you may have to travel a fair distance if you want to find more choice.

Good luck.

We've found this one in a dealer local to us who we've bought from before, but I think it seems overpriced, what do you all think?

Hi Tom, hope the viewing goes alright. Even if the car is mint; this is the better part of £1500 over retail value in my opinion. ( Cap books the car at £3000 trade/auction price, so I'd be expecting a window sticker of around £4995)

There must be lots of wealthy people down your way!

It looks very clean in the photos, and be aware the after market parking sensors are fitted on the wrong part of the bumper (factory fit is on the strip)

if youre interested I think you want to be negotiating a generous discount and trade in allowance. ( if they offer you a set of floor mats and a years road tax remember that has a net value of about £50.) :)

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum.

I too feel this is a little over-priced at £6k.

However, if you do think about making an offer you should make sure it has the false boot floor and roller luggage compartment cover, as these often get removed and sold separately.

Also, as this is a 51 plate TDi it will have the additional Webasto diesel heater, which really needs to be working when winter comes. I would ensure that it fires and runs before finalising a purchase, as a new unit will set you back around £1500 if dealer supplied and fitted. To get this heater to fire, the outside temperature needs to be lower than 7 deg C and the car water temperature needs to be lower than 70 deg C.

If you’re not familiar with the Webasto Heater there are several topics about it on here.

Good luck in your search

Cheers

Jeff

Back