PUX

A2OC Donor
Hello all, this is my first post. I have only recently bought my first A2 and hopefully the only one i'll ever need. Unforunately I can't use it until January/February because I want to get the most use out of my current car a Panda 100hp! Staying with the sporty theme I've bought a 2004 1.6 FSI Sport :cool: And I can't wait to start using it. But for now it's tucked up nice in the garage displacing my boyfriends Mk 2 Golf GTI 16v.

Does anyone know if Audi's in the Park will be going ahead again this year? I wouldn't mind going along as we're not far away from Wicksteed Park and seeing all those A2 cars again.

Hi and welcome to the A2oc and A2 ownership.

Audis in the park will be on again so we will be seeing you on Sunday 12th of august:)

Cheers

David

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. There are some extremely knowledgeable guys here combined with the rest of us who share experiences to make a great forum. Welcome!

Thanks guys, hopefully should I need any advice, i'll be able to find it here reasonably quickly. Looking forward to Audis in the Park. Was it A2OC who had the display earlier on in the year at Wicksteed Park? If so, who was there?

Welcome pux yes we did attend the audi in the park show in wicksteed. This year was the third year the show has been held and this year we had 24 cars on show! our social calendar will start in march/april time and it would be great if join us.Through out the year we have days out-evening meals-camping, so hopefully there is something that draws your eye. enjoy mike

ps if you go back through the old social threads you will see the links to the photo's

Hi Pux. Like others, welcome to the A2OC. I have a question. I am seriously considering going the opposite direction, ie from A2 into a panda 100. (My housing commitee is insisting I keep my car in the garage, and while I can get it in, just, I have great difficulty getting in and out of the car, hence the need for something smaller) The Fiat appeals. Can you let me know how many miles to the tank of petrol (do you have to run it on super?) and have you had many problems with it ? I have read all of the roadtests and customer feedback but it would be good to get info from a fellow member. Cheers Colin

Last edited:
Sorry to be a bit on the vague side, the tank is about 35 litres in size and the computer gives a range of about 245 miles. I don't usually let it drop too far, as soon as the petrol warning light comes on I fill it up. I don't monitor how many miles I do but it could be close to that figure providing the Climate isn't used and that I drive steadily. On a long journey from Northamptonshire to Birkenhead (for the ferry of course ;)) the computer just tipped 50 mpg with a loaded car with two adults. The driver is an expert at getting good MPG, that'll be him indoors!

I've had no real problems with it, only a suspension bush somewhere as it does have quite a hard ride. It does respond that bit better to Super rather than 95 octane. I find the seats comfortable, you get a good looking body kit, tinted rear windows, good looking 15" wheels and a nice sporty exhaust sound to complement it. Plus on the inside you have Climate Control and the 'Sport' button (makes the engine more responsive). I love the car, the FIRE engine revs cleanly and is potent enough for its size. I can find the suspension a bit hard on some of the bumpier roads.

Btw, my dog is called Colin and he loves the car :D Hope this helps you out Colin. The Panda does have small doors and are ideal for tight spaces.

Last edited:
Thanks Pux. Not sure that I can live with the small tank and hard ride. (Got both of those with the A2) but still need to consider something smaller. Think I will try a 1.2 eco, after all I drive like granny as it is, and at least the eco should be cheaper to run and looks fairly good especially in post office red with alloys. Also when the new panda comes out (looks good) the prices of secondhand ones should drop even further. Just need to find a dealer who has eco,1.4 and multijet in stock and drive all three back to back. I'll be lucky. Thanks for your reply, glad colin likes the car. Bet he will like the Fsi even more though he might not be able to see out quite as well but at least he will be used to the 'firm ride' Ps, 50mpg sounds good, the best I managed on my 1.4 A2 was 47 on a very leisurely holiday so the range will prob be the same as the Audi has a 34l tank. I had a Smart four 4 when they first came out (only kept it 6 months) as couldnt stand the auto gearchange and the racy nature so maybe the 100bhp is not for me, but still looks tempting. Cheers Colin

Last edited:
Back