dogbower

A2OC Donor
After much lurking have now joined the lucky few and got our A2.

Pictures to follow but have to give it a good clean first.

So I now have questions.

First thing I normaly do is get a Haynes manual, happy to take on most tasks but like pictures to help, any alternatives apart from asking here before tackling every job?

Anyone got the audi dog guard, cant find a picture of it.

And last for the moment, every time I touch the accelerator I can hear a funny boinking noise, sounds a bit like a pump. Not that loud cant hear it over the stereo.

Thanks Stuart.

Re Haynes

Welcome. The bad news is Haynes dont do a manual for the A2. You can get a polo one that covers the engine apart from the 1.6 fsi, but the good news is you will get all the info you will ever need on this website, including how to do it along with pics or diagrams, so forget Haynes. Enjoy Colin

There is no Haynes manual. But there are official and unofficial channels to obtain the workshop manual. The official is https://erwin.audi.com/ and you can buy time limited access to the manual. The unofficial channels are the usual internet pirating services if you're familiar with it. You may hear people mentioning search terms of ElsaWin (manual) and ETKA (parts catalogue). There are offers for these discs on ebay which you may well have guessed by now, burned DVD copies of these pirated electronic manuals. They are invaluable to any VAG car ownership! There is also a web version of the parts catalogue at www.vagcat.com (free registration).

As for your noise issue, I'm sure someone will come along with advice if you tell us what engine your car has!

Back