New Owner of Audi A2 and new user to the Site DIS (Dashboard Information System)

alfaninja

Hi

Im a new owner to a A2
love this site joined up to this site before buying a A2
:)

A2
red 03 reg 59k 1.6 SE got 2 seats at back

I've read other posts about the DIS and looks like i don't have it on mine i dont have the buttons on the wipers so i must have the old DIS 1
well thanks to earlier post from someone DIS 2 is only on the sport i fought because mine was a 03 reg i would have it but obviously i don't.

i am a bit disappointed about it since i had a BMW 325 compact 52 reg 2.5litre 192BHP 24 Valves I miss it already
which had the MPG indicator but it used to drink petrol like it was water.

that was the reason i decided to get a A2 was the fuel tanks was 34 litres or 42 and Audi engines are build good but i dont know if it is the same for the A2
i will be traveling 70 miles a day reading to Kingston

Question 1

Can i put a 3 seater bench in my A2 or im i not allowed by law

Question 2
is there any thing i need to know about the A2

the cambelt and other belts have been changed in 2009 on 48k and the EGR Valve was changed this year

thanks

Hi and welcome.
The trip computer was standard on the Sport models, and was a cost-option on the SE. If you really want an instantaneous MPG readout you could try getting a Scangauge device which plugs into the car's ODB port - several on here are using them. Alternatively get a bluetooth ODB dongle and use a mobile app like Torque. It should work fine with the petrol models.

Another thing you can do is register with the site Fuelly - you'll see quite a few forum members are on it -you use it to track your mileage and litres of fuel purchased, and it keeps a running log of your MPG and cost-per-mile. Plus you can compare how you're doing against other drivers with the same car. Useful.

The 1.6FSi is the least economical of all the A2s, but it's still a relatively frugal car! What's your daily commute like?

I presume your question 1 is because you have the standard 2-seat rear with just 2 seat-belts? There was a cost-option for the A2 to have a 3-seat rear "bench" seat, but a bench seat does not retro-fit into a 2-seat configuration, the floor pan is different.

Question 2 - eer, what do you want to know about?! Do lots of reading in the forum...

Hi Alfa Ninja - Welcome!

DIS1 and DIS2 aren't 'old' and 'new', respectively. Some cars had DIS2 fitted and others didn't, right up to the point production of the A2 ceased. As you note, all Sport models had it fitted. It was an optional extra on all A2s, though. By default, the SE doesn't have it. It can be retro-fitted, but it's very expensive and quite technically involved.

To answer your other questions, I'm afraid you cannot put a 3-seat bench into an A2 made with 2 split rear seats. I know no laws against it, but the floor-plan is different in A2s which were made for the rear bench seat, so you can't swap them about.

Your 2nd question is a little open-ended. There's vast amounts to know about the A2, hence why there's a dedicated forum! You'll find all the information and help you need here as and when problems arise. The cost of ownership of the 1.6FSI would seem to be a little higher than the others, but you can help avoid problems by always running it on higher octane fuel. The 1.6 was designed to run on fuel like Shell V-Power or similar. It sounds like you've got a car which has been well serviced, so hopefully all will be well.

Cheers,

Tom

- Sorry, there were no replies when I started to reply. It seems others type a little quicker! :)

Last edited:
Yea i was lucky a trader wanted 3300 i part exchanged my bmw 325 compact and i have him a few hundred cash for the A2 All the services has been done at Audi got tons of receipts including the cambelt and other belts at Audi and HPI clear.

got a really dump question i am going to use the more expensive fuel v-power fuel do i need to wait until the petrol is more or less empty or can i just top up with v-power straight away.

what about those adding fuel additives i was temped to buy the wynns petrol direct petrol additive one post recommended, can i just put that in the fuel tank after ive put in the petrol

thanks again for the quick replies :D

got a really dump question i am going to use the more expensive fuel v-power fuel do i need to wait until the petrol is more or less empty or can i just top up with v-power straight away.

what about those adding fuel additives i was temped to buy the wynns petrol direct petrol additive one post recommended, can i just put that in the fuel tank after ive put in the petrol

You can just put the v-power petrol straight in, no problem with mixing it. If you're using v-power, then additives shouldn't be necessary.

Back