NEW replacement turbo 04 plate TDI

My 04 A2 TDI requires a new Turbo

Ive tried Audi Crewe with no joy. ( Tim is the main man and thank you for my new injectors, not fitted yet)

I beleive its a Borg Warner unit and I have a lead time a May 2023.???

Does anyone know where one is in stock now?

Most of the internet searches say they have 1 in stock but they dont actually have one in stock.

My 04 A2 TDI requires a new Turbo

Ive tried Audi Crewe with no joy. ( Tim is the main man and thank you for my new injectors, not fitted yet)

I beleive its a Borg Warner unit and I have a lead time a May 2023.???

Does anyone know where one is in stock now?

Most of the internet searches say they have 1 in stock but they dont actually have one in stock.
I have a brand new dealer supplied one still in the box if you're in urgent need?

I can't vouch for it, and it's not a Garret, but it's new....

Lots on eBay. Does no one use eBay any more? First place I look.

Last edited:
Reactions: bix
All my ATL's have Borgwarner (KKK) turbo's. Perhaps the OP can confirm his car is the 90bhp (I think I recognise the part number), unless I've missed that somewhere.
I had similar issues a couple of months ago. After about a week of intensive searching, despite some saying they had one, I established that there wasn't a new TDI90 turbo to be had in the country. I Eventually went down the refurb route initially with disastrous results getting turbo's back that were miles out on settings. Success was finally achieved by using Turbo Technics to refurb. I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer with three refurbed turbo's all set up perfectly providing strong low rev boost.

Trevor

The part number is Turbo: 045253019A if this is the one. How much do you want for it Sir?
Good morning,

I should have asked last night if your car was a 75 or 90 but I was just going to bed 😁

The one I have is for a BHC engined TDI 75 and the part number is 045 253 019 FX

If yours is a 90 then this obviously won't be right but if it's a 75 being a 2004 model it will be, as the AMF was replaced by the BHC in late 2003 (I know because I have one of the last AMF's on a 53 plate) 😁👍

Edit- The one I have is a Garrett turbo and in the original dealer supplied box and packaging (actually Crewe Audi). The dealer price for it is £1310.08 including vat.

Personally I wouldn't be fitting one of the cheap Chinese made 20p eBay turbo's listed above that might last a year if you're lucky (if it works at all), just as I wouldn't fit a Chinese made engine either (if they made one) or even a Chinese made window switch (or anything else for that matter) as I want to keep to original quality, or improve it where possible.

Some of the quality of components and workmanship of the cheap Chinese stuff is just plain appalling and a false economy, especially when you consider the labour involved to do the job. The difference in quality really is night and day 👍

Last edited:
Good morning,

I should have asked last night if your car was a 75 or 90 but I was just going to bed 😁

The one I have is for a BHC engined TDI 75 and the part number is 045 253 019 FX

If yours is a 90 then this obviously won't be right but if it's a 75 being a 2004 model it will be, as the AMF was replaced by the BHC in late 2003 (I know because I have one of the last AMF's on a 53 plate) 😁👍

Edit- The one I have is a Garrett turbo and in the original dealer supplied box and packaging (actually Crewe Audi). The dealer price for it is £1310.08 including vat.

Personally I wouldn't be fitting one of the cheap Chinese made 20p eBay turbo's listed above that might last a year if you're lucky (if it works at all), just as I wouldn't fit a Chinese made engine either (if they made one) or even a Chinese made window switch (or anything else for that matter) as I want to keep to original quality, or improve it where possible.

Some of the quality of components and workmanship of the cheap Chinese stuff is just plain appalling and a false economy, especially when you consider the labour involved to do the job. The difference in quality really is night and day 👍

Not everyone wants or can afford to fit main stealer priced parts, some of us have a budget to work to. You might want to keep to 100% originality, some of us aren't too bothered. The turbo I posted was an example, I wasn't recommending that he bought it. The "can" in my post was a typo.

But I don't know why people knock eBay for finding parts.
This is an original Garret turbo, the same as yours and for a third of what you paid.

Where do you think a large majority of the world's electrical components are made these days?

Reactions: bix
Not everyone wants or can afford to fit main stealer priced parts, some of us have a budget to work to. You might want to keep to 100% originality, some of us aren't too bothered. The turbo I posted was an example, I wasn't recommending that he bought it. The "can" in my post was a typo.8N8035225

This is an original Garret turbo, the same as yours and for a third of what you paid.

Where do you think a large majority of the world's electrical components are made these days?

The fact that the seller does not accept returns, on what purports to be a brand new part, is not, in my opinion, a good sign.
Sorting the wheat from the chaff, on ebay, is not easy. But wheat is there, finding it is the problem.
Mac.

Last edited:
The fact that the seller does not accept returns, on what purports to be a brand new part, is not, in my opinion, a good sign.
Sorting the wheat from the chaff, on ebay, is not easy. But wheat is there, finding it is the problem.
Mac.
Mac.

Hmmm, bit suspicious not accepting returns, but he does say to confirm that the part is correct before buying.
100% feedback, but most is from buying, not selling.
As you say, the wheat is out there somewhere.

Good morning,

I can confirm it is a TDI 90 Hp

Reactions: A2Z
Not everyone wants or can afford to fit main stealer priced parts, some of us have a budget to work to. You might want to keep to 100% originality, some of us aren't too bothered. The turbo I posted was an example, I wasn't recommending that he bought it. The "can" in my post was a typo.

No one was knocking ebay, just stating that genuine quality is the only way to go if you want to maintain your car to the German engineered standards to which it was built.

I know where the vast majority of everything is made nowadays, China as everyone has sold their souls and people are buying and accepting poor quality because it's a bit cheaper. That's the cause of the problem and not something I do.

No one also said anything about buying from the dealers, I don't and wouldn't as they are also now exploiting people by raising the prices for older car parts because they know people need them, which again is against what I believe is right.

We all like a good deal, the best we can get and are all on a budget (whatever that may be) but not at the sacrifice of inferior quality, as again, as I said previously it's a false economy.

Also, the Garrett turbo you have linked is a good deal and genuine, not the Chinese garbage previously linked but with respect, you have no idea what I paid for mine and it isn't a third of the price!

Last edited:

Is the bhc 90 a variable turbo like the atl?

Back