Newby

rayban

Hi all just a few lines to introduce myself from up here in the sunny north east of england (NOT), Newcastle. I have been looking in on the sidelines for a while now , researching my next car or cars as i want to get two A2`s for me and her,
It`s going to have to be tdi`s with sky, or nothing!, I currently drive a renault initiale dci tourer, which i have owned for the last five years , and two large motorcycles, which i ride in the summer only, My partner drives a c3 hdi exclusive, which she loves and i hate cos of the lightweight`ness , (cheaply made), but i have persuaded her to upgrade to an A2 or i wont do any work on it !,lol. so the search is on as i have been looking for the past few months, so i will just have to be patient untill the right cars come along !. I will try and help or participate in anything that comes up in the topics, as i`m a member of a few forums (Renault & suzuki) and join in them.when i can !.thankss for now!, and can i just say what a great forum this is! thanks ,

Last edited:
Welcome, hope you find what you're looking for. I've had an A2 TDI for a few months now & it's great, just wish it had OpenSky :(

Welcome and good luck with your search for not one but two decent TDis with OpenSky - I think that'll take a while!

Lol, Thanks for the reply`s !, It can take as long as it takes as i`m in no rush ! , sky it will have to be! as my present car has a 3/4 sunroof! and every car i`ve owned has had a factory roof. It`s just this ved malarkey i like!. every year my ved keeps going up and up, enough is enough.

£30/year car tax and 60mpg in real world driving are hard to argue with in this day and age that's for sure!
I love my OpenSky it has to be said.

£30/year car tax and 60mpg in real world driving are hard to argue with in this day and age that's for sure!
I love my OpenSky it has to be said.

Agreed, on all points. I also love my OpenSky!

Taxing an A2 TDI is almost a pleasure; it costs less for an entire year than a tank of fuel. :)

Agreed, on all points. I also love my OpenSky!

Taxing an A2 TDI is almost a pleasure; it costs less for an entire year than a tank of fuel.

Exactly :p my partners car ( C3 14 hdi ) is only £20 a year to tax !! But it just has not got that wow factor ( Ie) cheap plasticity !, we just took it for granted until we took more interest in the A2,

Hi Rayban,

Welcome :) I also take great pleasure in paying for the duty on my car lol, it's funny when you go to the post office and they say do you want 6 or 12 months..... And I just say well it's so cheap they don't offer a 6 month duty and they say, oh yeah that idea good isn't it, £30 to tax an Audi? Yes that's right :)

Watch out for the not so well functioning sunroofs aka brokensky, you'll find a lot of info on here regarding this and the remedy to it. My dads a car trader and had bought one with a faulty roof, no problem I said as Audi will fix it under 10 years old as long as it had an Audi service history of some form, it had a full Audi service history and they wouldn't do it for free, cost £1000, they usually cost £2000 to fix but they just charged for the parts and they did the labour free(Norwich Audi).

Good luck with your search, I wish I had open sky too especially after driving my dads one but I've gotta be happy with what I've got :)

Cheers

John

Back