Now we have FOUR A2's in the family

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

Just bought our 4th A2 (and still own all 4).

So at the moment we have

2001 TDi in silver (we bought it new and that is what started our respect for these great cars) Now owned by our Daughter
2005 TDi in Light blue (bought for my wife when we replaced her 2001 for a Mercedes A class and she hated it and wanted an A2 back) now owned by our other daughter
2005 TDi in bright red (My wife wanted a red one so we bought this and sold our light blue one to our other daughter. She went from a Range Rover to the A2 and LOVES it!!!

Just about to buy a 2003 TDi in dark grey. I might have paid a little too much for this (SE). It is £5,000, BUT it has only covered 42,000 miles and is immaculate

My other car is a brand new A1 with all of the toys, so very much an Audi family.

Do we have any VCDS experts on here? I have the cable and have switched on lots of useful extras on my A1, but I do not know if there is much you can do with it on an A2?

Cheers
Steve B

Now 4 A2s in the family that's just greedy:p but that is great you are supporting the A2 so well.

My step mum regrets getting rid of hers, but I won't give it back:)

I am no expert on vcds but I think the usual things to do on a A2, is the hijack setting when it locks the doors when you drive off. Then unlocks then when you take the keys out of the ingition.

The other one is the beep on lock. So you know all the doors ect are shut correctly.

I don't know of any others.

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Thanks.
One of the A2's has the "hijack" locks set on already so someone must have played around with the cable already.

At first I didn't like this option, but as my wife drives that car I have left it on, it really is a usefull safety feature.

I might try to have a play around when I get chance and see if I can find anything else.
On the A1 you can activate auto reverse mirror dip, auto fold mirrors, auto close sunroof (when parked and it rains), needle swoosh, even activate hill hold assist (if you didn't specify it when you bought the car) so lots of nice tweaks (plus more)

Steve B

Hi Steve,

Did you buy the car from a dealer, or was it bought privately?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi,

This one is from a dealer and so I always expect it to be slightly dearer, but it does seem worth it this time, it is like new.

Steve B

Hi Steve it is amazing how these cars get under your skin. We have 3.5/4 a2's and would really like an A1 after getting one in mallorca a few weeks ago. It is also quite shocking but pleasing how these "options" can be just turned on with a pc. Have you ever considered bringing one or more to Audis in the park show? it would be great to see you and your cars. Details are in the socials section.
cheers mike

I was a little worried that I had overpaid for the 2003, but now I have had chance to drive it for a couple of days I am VERY happy and sure that the car was worth the £5,000 even though it is 9 years old!!!!

This car really is like new, 41,000 miles is not a lot, and it shows.

I really like the Leather and Alcantara seats, the multidisc (front loader) Cd Concert system, the open sky and all of the extra bits on the SE.
But it looks great in the dark grey! (IMHO)

I have decided to use my wife's Red 2005 (as this already has 100K on the clock and I am doing 2000 miles a month) and let her drive this one, to keep the mileage down.
But I have just bought a set of 17" silver alloys for the red one, I think they will look really good. I like the red paint with full colur coding and a shiny set of alloys, nice and bright.

I have been a car "nut" for 42 years now and I am absolutely convinced that the A2 is the best all round car EVER.

What else has great economy, surprisingly quick, small on the outside and big on the inside, costs £30 a year to tax and holds its value so well.
I know that I am probably "preaching to the converted" but anyone who has not yet had the pleasure of owning an A2 should give it a try!!!

Steve B

Last edited:
Back