Odd one....

johnmed

A2OC Donor
Ok, evening all. Just topped up my oil for the first time,..

Pulled out the swivel spout, glug glug, closed the swivel spout.

Job's a good'n'? Err, NO!

As I stand back with my 2 yr old boy at my side I hear drip drip. The new oil and not a drop more is sat there on the floor having gone straight from the spout??!!

What is wrong? Do the pipes crack or something? Took the bonnet off and had a butchers, but nothing seemed at fault from above?

Ok, evening all. Just topped up my oil for the first time,..

Pulled out the swivel spout, glug glug, closed the swivel spout.

Job's a good'n'? Err, NO!

As I stand back with my 2 yr old boy at my side I hear drip drip. The new oil and not a drop more is sat there on the floor having gone straight from the spout??!!

What is wrong? Do the pipes crack or something? Took the bonnet off and had a butchers, but nothing seemed at fault from above?

Try again with the bonnet off and you should be able to see where it is leaking from.

But make sure you don't overfill the engine!!!!
Steve B

Sounds like theres a crack in the oil filling plastic pipe or has come adrift from the sump.Fill at rocker cover.

Sounds like theres a crack in the oil filling plastic pipe or has come adrift from the sump.Fill at rocker cover.

Thanks. I was thinking the same, but was unsure if there was a filler cap on the rocker cover. Guess it's under the bolted on felt-like cover?

Spike you read my mind. I was hoping the two events weren't related. I had the cambelt replaced twice recently. They ****ed up, again and again and again!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Had he car looked at, the pipe has split.

It did have a little oil leak, originally flagged up the first time it went for the cambelt swap. They're saying it's not from what they've done, I'm saying it probably is. No way to prove either way. Tempted to just clean it as much as poss, they have done a lot of that earlier this morning, and whack some gaffer tape around it. Have it swapped at service time, or am I sounding too much like the bodger I am?

It looks a pig to access and remove.

Back