Official Lego Audi TT mk1

BearMcPear

As the original TT is also popular in these parts, I wanted to share that there actually exists an official Lego set (#1359) for it from an Audi event at Legoland Deutschland.
Mind you, it looks terrible as Lego back then wasn't very good at making realistic cars so I am curious how much Audi was involved. 😄

legomainer.jpg

As the original TT is also popular in these parts, I wanted to share that there actually exists an official Lego set (#1359) for it from an Audi event at Legoland Deutschland.
Mind you, it looks terrible as Lego back then wasn't very good at making realistic cars so I am curious how much Audi was involved. 😄

legomainer.jpg
Not something that captures the original style of the Mk 1 TT, apart from the roll over hoop it could be almost anything with 4 wheels

Few more unofficial models, the original is from over 20 years ago, so it lacks more detail than the later ones.
20230406_175904.jpg

iv given the a2 a go... it's tricky doing a small build of something that shape but i tried to capture it's essence.
note the slatted service flap, faded black underbelly and the distinct a2 arches.
also for those who have seen me will vouch for the identical likeness of the minifig 🤣

PXL_20230413_122031732.PORTRAIT~2-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I think, (wishfully), that going up in model size, (ie scale), makes curves easier. My Porsche GT3-RS look OK, but it's over 500mm in length. An A2 of similar size would be awesome.
Mac.

Back