Offtopic: Any Dublin users with OBDEleven

Hi folks - looking for someone with OBDeleven software & dongle to apply a code to my Seat Alhambra (hence the off topic). Also is OBDEleven as good as VCDS for A2? If so I'll buy it instead

Hi folks - looking for someone with OBDeleven software & dongle to apply a code to my Seat Alhambra (hence the off topic). Also is OBDEleven as good as VCDS for A2? If so I'll buy it instead
I have both Android Gen I OBD Eleven, and registered VCDS Lite. OBD Eleven wins for convenience, no wires, great for a quick scan.
But when I tried to enable beep on lock with OBD Eleven, which has an inbuilt routine for it, even after several tries, all showed as "Failed"
I connected VCDS up, and did it in a couple of minutes, first time.
It might be me, but I think for older cars, A2, A3, MK1 TT, etc, VCDS is the best tool. If you have a problem code, you'll get no help from OBD Eleven's website, but all you need from Ross-Tech. All the Basic Settings, and adaptations are in VCDS. If you have more up to date VAG cars, then OBD Eleven is a good investment, but for the oldies? As an oldie myself, it's VCDS, and registered Lite for value.
And, if you're lucky enough to have an FSI, there's even the only FSI specific, (A2OC written), lable file in the world.
Registered Lite is also the least expensive.
Mac.

Last edited:
I have both Android Gen I OBD Eleven, and registered VCDS Lite. OBD Eleven wins for convenience, no wires, great for a quick scan.
But when I tried to enable beep on lock with OBD Eleven, which has an inbuilt routine for it, even after several tries, all showed as "Failed"
I connected VCDS up, and did it in a couple of minutes, first time.
It might be me, but I think for older cars, A2, A3, MK1 TT, etc, VCDS is the best tool. If you have a problem code, you'll get no help from OBD Eleven's website, but all you need from Ross-Tech. All the Basic Settings, and adaptations are in VCDS. If you have more up to date VAG cars, then OBD Eleven is a good investment, but for the oldies? As an oldie myself, it's VCDS, and registered Lite for value.
And, if you're lucky enough to have an FSI, there's even the only FSI specific, (A2OC written), lable file in the world.
Registered Lite is also the least expensive.
Mac.
Thanks @PlasticMac - I have the Seat so I think OBDEleven is right for me. I struggled getting VCDS working with the A2 on my windows 10 laptop. Might have been the cable, might have been VCDS. The convenience bit is useful as the A2 is not kept at home and I'll always have my phone with me. Good advice though.

Thanks @PlasticMac - I have the Seat so I think OBDEleven is right for me. I struggled getting VCDS working with the A2 on my windows 10 laptop. Might have been the cable, might have been VCDS. The convenience bit is useful as the A2 is not kept at home and I'll always have my phone with me. Good advice though.
The most common area, that causes problems installing VCDS is not using the correct driver, (USB to Serial), and plugging the KKL cable in, before installing the driver, so a standard USB driver is assigned to the lead, and not the USB to serial driver.
Mac.

Back