oil help needed plz

tash82

Hi, I have audi a2 1.4 tdi, 2005. I have bought new oil filters & my partner is wanting to do a oil change. Im on a budget & can't really afford the £45 Castrol, so I was wondering if these 2 where suitable?
Genuine gm, 5ltrs, 5w-30 synthetic oil, dexos 2 vw,£21.95
Or
Ac delco supreme plus 5w-50, 5ltrs, fully synthetic,£25

Both are off well known auction site.
Thanks in advance <3

Any oil you use MUST meet one of the following VW specs
VW 50700 or 50601 for long life servicing
VW 50700 or 50501 for std 12months / 10,000 mile services

Use the wrong spec oil and you definitely won't be able to afford the replacement camshaft and top end overhaul due to excessive wear.

Cheers Spike

The other days I bought some oil from GSF, branded as CarLube, it still met the standards I was looking for (not Audi I add), but they might be worth a visit for what other grades they sell. It was ~£20 for 5 litres.

Of all the things you might save money on try to not let it be the Oil, I've seen that AC Delco oil only meets the old 505.0 spec and I believe you need the new 505.1 or 507.

Look at this thread, just a few quid in it.

My Mrs tdi is currently on longlife servicing and still has 6k to go, but I would like to do an oil change and service my self but yearly or 6-8k as I do with all my cars. Can I swap from longlife to fixed servicing, obviously being able to manually reset the service indicator to fixed intervals would be a bonus.

If so i believe 507.00 or 505.01 (not 506.01) is what I need for yealr changes?

I only EVER use Quantum and I buy direct from the dealer. Don't scrimp on oil. It's a false economy.

My Mrs tdi is currently on longlife servicing and still has 6k to go, but I would like to do an oil change and service my self but yearly or 6-8k as I do with all my cars. Can I swap from longlife to fixed servicing, obviously being able to manually reset the service indicator to fixed intervals would be a bonus.

If so i believe 507.00 or 505.01 (not 506.01) is what I need for yealr changes?

There is no problem changing to fixed service intervals and on the A2 you can use the clock and trip buttons to reset the service incicator (which you can't do on variable servicing) The procedure is in the owners handbook.

Any of the variable service oil specs can be used for fixed services but 507.00 is the latest spec so you may have trouble getting 505.01 or 506.01 oils

Cheers Spike

Back