Panoramic Sunroof Water Leaks Audi A6 / RS6 C7

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
Does anyone have experience of fixing Water Leaks on Audi A6 / RS6 Avant C7 Panoramic Sunroofs please ?

Steve U

First steps with any sunroofs is checking all drains
2 Front Drains are clear. Rears can not be seen. Must be under the Non Opening Rear Section of Sunroof. Never had any Water Leaking in until after the Windscreen had to be replaced. National Windscreens had the Windscreen out and back in again on Friday. Told us there had been no gaps in the Sealant.

2 Front Drains are clear. Rears can not be seen. Must be under the Non Opening Rear Section of Sunroof. Never had any Water Leaking in until after the Windscreen had to be replaced. National Windscreens had the Windscreen out and back in again on Friday. Told us there had been no gaps in the Sealant.
Hello Steve,

Have you tried a C7 specific forum as I’m sure there, you would get a much better response.

Have you seen this thread which is some 11 pages long covering this very subject:

I too have a C7 Avant but went for the non panoramic option when ordering.

Kind regards,

Tom

I’ve just checked all 4 Drains are clear. Parked facing uphill, so the water had to flow to the Rear Drain Holes. Runs freely to just in front of Rear Wheels.

When it is leaking where you can see it to be wet? Headlining or footwells, driver/passenger front corners?
It only started after the Windscreen had to be replaced. Water was always from the Interior Rear View Mirror Housing at top centre of Windscreen that has other electronic sensors / cameras in it. Left car out in the rain for a few days before the booking at National Windscreens for them to re fit / re seal the Windscreen. Found Passenger Side Front and Rear Footwells flooded !

if you checked sunroof drains and they are ok and as you said it happened after windscreen replacement then thats where issue is probably....you havent left side window open slightly when it was parked outside?

Maybe all that Water got in before National Windscreens had the Windscreen out to re seal it on Friday. There maybe times when Rain is so heavy the Drain Holes can not take it all ? Other possibility may be blocked drain under back of Bonnet area ? Can’t see down there. Older Audis you could take the Battery out to get to the Drain underneath.

Steve U

i don't think there is usually such "leak" thru properly closed roof in to drain water ways that they would not cope in heavy rain - if drains are clear. Open roof and pour water in to it to see how it goes away --- specially in to rear drains

All 4 Drains are Clear. Will have to wait until Carpets dry out. If they don’t get wet again it must have been the Windscreen Leaking before National Windscreens had another go at it on Friday. There’s a place in East Kilbride recommended on Audi Forums that fixes and Guarantees these Sunroofs to be Leak Free.

Back