parts availability in 2024?

rasA2

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
as the title really looking to buy a project car whats general parts availability like? new and used if new are not available

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Great to hear you want a project, most of them are now and when you get one, they always become a project of sorts!

Sadly it's impossible to answer your question as it's too broad.

By and large everything is available using a combination of new, heritage (from germany) and breaker cars. Not to mention the market section on here.

Hi,
Parts availability is good.
Worse since leaving the EU. I search 7ZAP and get the part number and from there.
7ZAP have usually moved on from the 8Z0 Audi A2 code and you'll be finding part numbers listed for the A2 from the polo, lupo, fabia, seat ibiza ranges that share the same design dna with the A2 parts.
The 1.4 petrol I have been working has required new parts in the engine bay and stuff for the brakes that were easy to get hold of.
Specific body shell parts can be bought second hand.
Suspension parts are easy to find and it is the shear volume of choice that is overwhelming.
If your good at searching the online parts sellers such as Amazon, eBay, car parts4less, gsf, LLL parts, auto doc and the various Vollks part sellers you can usually find what you want.

Sometimes Amazon can be cheaper plus the prime next day delivery has been great for me.

Good luck.

eBay is also good for a cheeky best offer or drop the item in your basket and wait for the offers to arrive in your inbox.

:) ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. Great to hear you want a project, most of them are now and when you get one, they always become a project of sorts!

Sadly it's impossible to answer your question as it's too broad.

By and large everything is available using a combination of new, heritage (from germany) and breaker cars. Not to mention the market section on here.
Thatโ€™s good to hear thanks, just need to find a car

Hi,
Parts availability is good.
Worse since leaving the EU. I search 7ZAP and get the part number and from there.
7ZAP have usually moved on from the 8Z0 Audi A2 code and you'll be finding part numbers listed for the A2 from the polo, lupo, fabia, seat ibiza ranges that share the same design dna with the A2 parts.
The 1.4 petrol I have been working has required new parts in the engine bay and stuff for the brakes that were easy to get hold of.
Specific body shell parts can be bought second hand.
Suspension parts are easy to find and it is the shear volume of choice that is overwhelming.
If your good at searching the online parts sellers such as Amazon, eBay, car parts4less, gsf, LLL parts, auto doc and the various Vollks part sellers you can usually find what you want.

Sometimes Amazon can be cheaper plus the prime next day delivery has been great for me.

Good luck.

eBay is also good for a cheeky best offer or drop the item in your basket and wait for the offers to arrive in your inbox.

:) ๐Ÿ‘

Great thank you yes Iโ€™ve used eBay Amazon carparts4less and the like a lot. Never actually bought anything from LLL. I have access to etka but i used to use something similar to 7zap in the past. Cheers for the info

Etka is good.
There's also Audi Tradition

You can make orders periodically through the year look out for a post that starts something like

Plus the ethical breakers. These long time forum members go out of their way to help.
@Clackers @A2Steve or @Ami. You can send them a PM and ask for the part you require or use the Wanted section of the forum to post your part requirements to everyone in general.

Etka is good.
There's also Audi Tradition

You can make orders periodically through the year look out for a post that starts something like

Nice to know thank you

Back