Pepperpot Centre caps - the chrome rings

Richard 13B

England
Looking to refurb some pepperpots. The ones I have do have centre caps, but one has lost its chrome outer ring and another is barely hanging on by just one small and tired plastic clip! It seems that these ring are a bit fragile and I suspect some get damaged when people try to prise the caps out from the outside rather than pulling from the hole inside.
Has anyone tried to refurb the rings (either chrome, paint or wrap)? Has anyone tried an alternative method to fix the ring to the centre cap .... like an epoxy glue??
Leaving them off looks really tacky - there are visible slots. Unless they were to be filled and repainted.... but that would mean taking out the chrome Audi rings.... tiny plastic tabs again, so risky to say the least.
Anyone have any bright ideas?
Thanks

Thanks @johnyfartbox - good tip. When they are small parts like these, you can even put them in a bowl of warm water to soften the clips.
I was thinking about painting the wheels and the ring contrasting colours for a more distinctive look - White wheels, black rings (rather than chrome) around the original grey centres of the caps. Anyone seen anything similar with contrasting wheels on an A2? Silver / grey seems so.......ordinary. A shame on a little car which is anything but ordinary......

Back