Pigeon proof A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Earl

Past Member
Doing about 60mph along a dual carriageway today, a pigeon decided to leave its brain in the tree and fly towards the car at an angle off approx 90deg.

In slow motion, it collided with the windscreen - leaving a large white smudge which I assume was the bird cr@pping itself - then proceeded to sumersault up and over the car. All in perfect view thanks to the Open Sky.

All in all I can safely say the windscreen is of a high quality and the Open Sky is great for entertainment value.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Similar thing happened to me, but the bird dive bombed the front bumper and bounced off the bonnet leaving a 3 inch long scratch as it went!

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

All I can say is thank god dinosaurs are extinct (the flying ones that I can't spell!).
Now that would make a mess!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Almost on topic..... I once had the misfortune to headbutt a pigeon at 60 mph when one flew into my motorcycle helmet. The impact was only glancing but ruined a good fibreglass helmet and left me seeing stars (and pigeon crap & guts for that matter!) Air borne rats if you ask me!

[B)]

Kit

Steve,

In making reference to your Tesco till receipt you should be able to make the following perfect statements:-

1/My A2 is not worth a “pork sausage”

2/My dealer is like a “chocolate cup cake”

3/The Audi name reminds me of “best Scottish smoked kippers”

Regards
John Disdale

JD
1/It just about reaches chipolata value
2/My dealer is no where near as sweet or as scrummy as a chocolate cup cake. More like "sour cream"
3/Done over like a kipper sounds about right

You detected the note of dispair in my voice (well, topic blurb) tonight then?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back