Plastic gear housing

Monoloco

Hi all,

Probably a familiar story, I bought an A2 out of necessity and have now fallen in love with it. I've spent more than twice what I paid for it in parts, no regrets.

My current hunt iis for the plastic housing around the gear box.

IMG_2029.jpg

Please ignore the crudely drawn black line, what I'm looking for is the whole housing including the bit that goes under the centre console.

I've looked on eBay but can't seem to find one.

Could anyone point me in the direction of finding one?

I've currently bought:

4 x Alloy wheels
1 x Door
1 x Door Strap
1 x windscreen wiper

Many thanks to those who helped supplying them (Colin!)

Any tips, very much appreciated.

Mark

Hi all,

Probably a familiar story, I bought an A2 out of necessity and have now fallen in love with it. I've spent more than twice what I paid for it in parts, no regrets.

View attachment 113862

Please ignore the crudely drawn black line, what I'm looking for is the whole housing including the bit that goes under the centre console.

I've currently bought:

4 x Alloy wheels
1 x Door
1 x Door Strap
1 x windscreen wiper

Mark
What colour do you need?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi all,

View attachment 113862

I've currently bought:

4 x Alloy wheels
1 x Door
1 x Door Strap
1 x windscreen wiper

Mark
Hi Mark
Is yours damaged or just looking tatty. Another option might be to repaint with Volco if it’s just a bit tatty. All colours are available. It’s not available in this country but can be picked up via @Rickmeister who regularly organises group orders for this paint and parts from Audi Tradition

best wishes

Justin

I think a lot of us can relate to your first line there :oops:

@A2Steve, @Clackers or @Ami should have the centre console tunnel I should think. Black is by far the most common colour but a Platinum one (if your photo is from your car) isn't out of the question. You'll learn a lot of how the interior fits together in replacing it!

Hi all,

View attachment 113862

I've currently bought:

4 x Alloy wheels
1 x Door
1 x Door Strap
1 x windscreen wiper

Mark
Good Evening Mark,

Unfortunately what you have identified is not a separate part as you appear to think. It is an integral part of the large central tunnel piece, picture here.

The three options open to you are suggested above, I think paint DIY paint is the way to go. Maybe pick up the piece from one of the recyclers on which to practice and perfect and you will have the part ready to go straight back in.

As a footnote searching for parts is best by part number and if not aware these can be found here or elsewhere

(Annoyingly of late you have to click the little magnifier to get the full part number when you identify it.)

Andy

Hello Mark,

You’ll be much better off placing a wanted advertisement within the Market Forum where someone like Ian @Proghound mentions will respond to you with their offerings.

First up though you’ll need to upgrade your account to obtain access which is easy enough by simply tapping on your username along the top of any Forum page:

IMG_7821.jpeg

Once within the Market Forum you’ll be able to very quickly obtain what you’re after.

Kind regards,

Tom

I think a lot of us can relate to your first line there :oops:

@A2Steve, @Clackers or @Ami should have the centre console tunnel I should think. Black is by far the most common colour but a Platinum one (if your photo is from your car) isn't out of the question. You'll learn a lot of how the interior fits together in replacing it!
Yes I have most of the parts He needs, to include center tunnel, alloy wheels, check straps etc, cheers Ian.
Ami

Hi all,

Many, many thanks for your replies, very much appreciated!

Thanks for pointing out about upgrading the account, I couldn't work out why I couldn't see forums! :rolleyes:

Thank you for the cracking advice. As the clips on the end of the housing are broken, I will reach out to those suggested for the full part.

Again, many thanks for all the very speedy and helpful replies.

M

Back