Problems with black interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato

I am experiencing problems with the inside of my doors, it's really prone to dust and marking when you put your hands on the side panels. Any tips on what to use to clean it, and keeping it clean. Must say bad choice I think by Audi with this material, it's the most handled part of the car and the most prone material for marking? Help

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Dennis De Held has talked about this problem on another thread in detail. I agree with you-my interior marks easily and I'm not sure why-I have a feelings it's the natural oils in your skin that either reacts or attracts dirt. Dennis said his dealer had a very good cleaner and it worked a treat. He was going to put up the name of the product when he could.

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

I totaly agree, but they just rub off. Has anyone else found a suitable cloth / technique for cleaning the dash?

the only way I can think of doing it without making it worse with yellow strands from a duster is vacuming it with a brush adapter.

:)

Neil Howells
A2 1.4 SE - Atlantic Blue
Symphony Radio, Electronic A/C

I faind J/Jay cloths are good with just water-clean the dash of dirt and doesn't leave it shiny like 'back to black' does.

I find these back to black cleaners only smell niffy, but leave the dash shiny (reflections) and can cause premature creaking due to the product leaving a squeeky film between panels.

Just use the natural stuff..water!. Just not too much as it will leave white wter marks-just a damp cloth is all you need to do a good job.

I use a blue cloth from Halfords - can't remeber the name, but it works well at picking up dust and also removing the skin marks on the doors.

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

In terms of cleaning dust off the dashboard I eventually found the best and fastest option was to use one of those anti static type mops (knicker pink colour) available from Halfords. You need to re-impregnate them now and again, but I have not done so in 6 months.

The door panels on the A2 are another problem altogether, and although I treated the so called plastic areas on numerous occasions the pain is that the poor material they are made from is absorbent, and therefore difficult to seal to keep the dirt out.

Regards
John Disdale

A box of surgical gloves are cheap, although I do find the police become very suspicious and think I'm keeping finger prints off the motor!.

Do the police stop you to inspect your handwear very often then? Could be harrassment!

Only when I give them a friendly wave with two fingers-can never understand when they then stop me........

Steve - someones slipping here, this thread has no mention of Tescos yet. Oh blast!

I as[8D]sume these are not shoulder length vetinary gloves!

icon_smile_cool.gif

maersk-of course-don't want elbow grease on the door trims!.

Comes in handy living in Norfolk-see a distressed cow and I can offer instant assistance......

Hi,

Let me continue with the topic. I haven't found better solution as the damp cloth. It is just the cloth material that is important. Try some synthetic materials that don't leave fibers. And no chemicals. Water only.

Regards

ZB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back