Quiz - How many archive boxes can you get in an A2?

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
There's a reason for checking how many archive boxes can fit into an A2. I'm planning to take some old computer stuff + artefacts from a research project to the Computer History Museum and I need to know if it will all fit, plus a suitcase as well. So this could be useful for anyone moving house though I haven't checked the weight yet.

This is an archive box:

Archive Box.jpg

I've experimented with 5 boxes: 3 of the above and 2 slightly larger at 460x360x260mm.

I tried 3 configurations and conjectured a 4th. In all cases the parcel shelf / boot cover is removed but the front passenger seat remains and is used by a passenger; so no boxes there. With just 5 boxes I had to move some to reposition them.

1. Seats as per normal and false floor in-situ

2. Rear seats folded flat and false floor in-situ

3. Rear seats tipped forward into the rear foot well and false floor in-situ (conjectured)

4. Rear seats and false floor removed and spare wheel removed

Configurations 1 , 3 and 4 have photos. Configuration 2 I tried a few days ago but forgot to photo. Apologies, but I should have removed the junk for photo 4 but it was about to rain. Due to likely rain, in configurations 1, 3 and 4 I experimented on one half of the car and doubled the results. For configuration 2 both seats were actually folded flat.

Now try to guess and then open the pdf with the answers. It may surprise you! No cheating!

PS the pdf has schematics with the "boxes" overlaid onto an A2 body sectional drawing.

Attachments

• A2 Archive Boxes.pdf
    192 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back