Remove rear door seal

archibald

Hi all, am trying to apply depronman’s useful looking fix to my broken rear electric window. I am a bit of a beginner with these things though, compared to so many of your posts that I read. I got the door card off and the interior aliuminium panel, but then realized that I needed to take off the rubber seal around the door. Apologies if this is really obvious, but do you just pull this and it comes off or is there a trick? Am nervous about ripping or stretching it. Have searched for an answer but there don’t ever seem to have been any posts on it so it is probably very obvious… Many thanks in anticipation!

The rubber seal will come off around the top half of the door frame quite easily by just lifting it up at an edge.

The lower half of the door has small oval retaining clips on them,

You don’t need to take the bottom half off to be able to remove the window frame.

Which side is faulty on yours?

Good Evening,

In general when removing a rubber seal I always like to temporarily stick on a bit of masking tape on the holder and mark the rubber and tape with a red sharpie. This way when the rubber goes back on I know it is exactly in the same position and match the rubber's memory of the contours.

Andy

Hi - thanks very much indeed both. Steve it’s the right side (and I bought a right hand window frame from you a couple of months back). So I should have all the parts that I need. Just need to find a clear few hours to have another go.

Back