Right coolant?

I've only ever used G12+ and now G12++ - I have a TPS account though, so it's easy for me to recommend genuine only. I'd imagine coolant is easily mixed, but if you're draining and refilling, there's no need to mix.

I've only ever used G12+ and now G12++ - I have a TPS account though, so it's easy for me to recommend genuine only. I'd imagine coolant is easily mixed, but if you're draining and refilling, there's no need to mix.
Hmmm thank you! Do you have a link to what you’ve been getting?

So no issues using what I got from eBay for now correct?

Well, it was G12+ when the A2 was a current model. This then was superseded by G12++ then by G13 and now G12Evo.

Same stuff, in terms of performance and compatibility with the engine, but the new stuff is more environmentally friendly it seems.

G12 and G13 are both good.
I've read it as well, the main difference is, that G13 is much better for the environment, as they've replaced some of the harmful ingredients.
I've been only using G13 and does a great job indeed.

What engine do you have? G12/13 are fine for the 1.4 I and Tdis but the FSI benefits from waterless coolant

I was under the impression that you need to be really careful with waterless in terms of preparation and also that it's not very forgiving if something goes wrong - is the reason for considering waterless because the FSI runs somewhat north of the indicated temperature for efficiency reasons if you've not got a ProBoost ECU? Entirely academic question out of interest - I only have the two Tdi75s and the 1.4i.

George, do you have any technical proof that the FSI is compatible with waterless coolants. Everything I have read states the car needs to be compatible and also Audi OAT coolant differs from normal coolant. Add in that even high performance Audi's are not factory fitted with waterless coolant makes me more sceptical on its compatibility.

Not trying to cause an argument but only looking for technical approval of its use.

Hi, WOM recommend it as a useful way of bring down the pressure which damages the plastics. I doubt very much that Audi recommend it as it’s only advantageous in the FSI. I run three FSIs on it and that’s a small sample

1669216267357.png

From an Audi TSB for future reference. You should not dilute G12evo, it comes pre-mixed. (I know dealers some dealers ignore this) I believe this is to do with it having a higher silicate content that would fall out of solution if it were stored in a conentrated form. I used to get G13 from TPS, but as you can only get G12evo now, I've swapped to Febi G13 and deionised water.

Hi, WOM recommend it as a useful way of bring down the pressure which damages the plastics. I doubt very much that Audi recommend it as it’s only advantageous in the FSI. I run three FSIs on it and that’s a small sample
Note that glycol boils at about 190degC, so there is potential for the cooling system to get a lot hotter than one with water.

RAB

Note that glycol boils at about 190degC, so there is potential for the cooling system to get a lot hotter than one with water.

RAB
Waterless coolant being more viscous, will flow more slowly, and present higher load on the pump. Quite possibly shortening the life of the pump, cam belt etc.
Mac.

Back