Rumble at low throatle TDI

oldbanger1

Hello,

My Y-Plate TDI 75 is making a very strange noise when rolling along with minimal throttle - it sounds like I have a plastic bollard caught under the car. It's fine when I remove throttle and roll, also ok when I apply more throttle so as to accelerate. It just seems to do it at the point at which you want to add a little bit of throttle just to ensure car maintins speed and roll along the flat.

I had it 23 years and its only started getting progressively worse over the last year

I would say thats the lower engine mount/gearbox mount, known as the dog bone mount, easy to check if you rev car and look underneath youll seel it felxing a lot. £45 to replace it your self. Try that first :cool:

cheers, come to think about it - I've also been getting a little 'knocking' when accelerating or pulling off the peddle . Rather reminded me of my mini in the 80's when the bracket bushes between the engine and fire wall wear out - so I think you might be right. I'll check when the weather improves. cheers

I got this rumble as well and I replaced dog bone and both engine mounts on my 90k tdi weirdly on my 160k tdi the same noise just about staring popping out from time to time. I got it for 2 years now and can't figure out what and where it's coming from.

Back