Rusty rear drums - warranty claim?

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
Hi. Noticed that my rear drums are circa 75% rusty after the ravages of winter. The vehicle is 2 years old next week. Has anyone tried to claim on the (3 year) warranty for this problem and were they successful?

Hi, sorry don't know, but if you can't try Hammerite satin black. Painted mine (2 coats within 2 hours) as the rust started to show and look smart but subtle... should last a few years

I think Red drums and calipers are a bit toooooo 1995:)

Cheers Emm

Exactly what I did to my drums on my last A2 - worked a treat and made them easier to clean too.

What's wrong with red calipers precisely?

Good quote for a 2 year service

Skipton01 said:
Exactly what I did to my drums on my last A2 - worked a treat and made them easier to clean too.

Actually did buy some paint today (went for the more subtle aluminium top coat plus some Krust and Hammerite primer) but then I thought "why am I doing this! it's only 2 years old and it's an expensive Audi". Suppose I'll wait until I next pass the dealer (1 hour away) and see what they say - going to rain this weekend anyway as it's a bank holiday ;-)

[cut] Moved the bit about servicing to http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?p=31519#post31519

Last edited:
Sorry Skipton,

Just can't handle red bits on cars any more, Next you will tell me you have a Vauxhall Viva jacked up at the back with the rear axle painted red.. :D

Emm

Alan_uk said:
On a brighter note. Booked the car into AudiVolkswagen centre in Melksham for a 2 year service (23K on clock). Was quoted £160 for the service plus another £27 for a brake fluid change, and another £23 for tracking check (hit some nasty pot holes recently). They said they used Audi parts and therefore the warranty is not affected. See http://www.audivwcentre.com/ As you can see, one is not paying for the plush premises of the main dealer who sold me the vehicle - they said it would cost £450-£500.

Incidently, the Westbury Oval VW dealer declined to service the vehicle as in their opinion it would affect the warranty.
Hey Alan thats a good find will add this one to the VW/Audi independant garages section on the forumn let us know how you get on ...

Back