Shifting problem automatic transmission

Welcome to the club.

I'm afraid that I need more information than that! When was the last basic setting done? This should be done every 30,000km.

RAB

Yes the car has regularly serviced and the transmission oil change regularly , but not in authorized serviced , the car runed perfect until yesterday , while waiting in red light in traffic car stop because of eco system , when green light comes on I depres the brake, car didn't start. I turn ignition off and start the car , the car started up but when I put in D car didnt move (not shifting ) I try in reverse but nope. I disconect the battery and conected again car start shifting , but problem comes on after I turn off the car.

I am NOT an automatic expert - far from it. Could it be the selector is not sending the correct signal to the car / gearbox due to the linkage being out of adjustment or the sensor damaged or loose? Only a thought. @RAB is the one with the knowledge.

You need to carry out a scan with VCDS or Audi's diagnostic system. Most likely is the failure of the clutch actuator, either the potentiometer or the actuator cylinder. Have you had previous problems with starting with the lever in the P position?

Possession of or access to VCDS is really essential for a 1.2Tdi owner.

RAB

A few things to try without VCDS. I am assuming that the hydraulic pump is running and that there is sufficient hydraulic oil in in the system.

With the ignition on but with the engine not running and the lever in tiptronic position, does the clutch arm move when you press or release the foot brake. If it does, does it maintain that position with the foot brake in the same position?

With the ignition on and engine not running with the lever in tiptronic, can you change gear using + and -?

Have you tried starting in N rather than P? If the car starts in N and not P, it is a sure sign that the clutch actuator potentiometer is failing.

RAB

Back