Stolen - Crystal Blue TDI

alanb

A2OC Donor
Hi everyone

I woke up this morning to find my pride and joy A2, missing from where I'd parked it in the road outside my house in Bristol.
I've reported it stolen today, but in case anyone spots it, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know, as I'd love to have the car back - I'm hoping it's just been taken for a ride home or something.

She's on A2OC number plate mounts - A2 LLU, chassis number: WAUZZZ8Z2N012221
Open, sky, Bose, sports seats and wheel etc etc.

Thanks in advance for any information or leads.

Alan

Oh man!!! That's madness, so sorry I love work in area as does @Chris Warren and @Cenick well keep eyes peeled. Not like anyone on here ignores an A2 anyway.
Post some pictures here of insides and parts and we'll check ebay local to us...this is dreadful

Hi Alan, that’s awful. I hope you get her back in OK condition. What colour blue is she and what wheels? A pic might help but the numberplate is pretty distinctive if it’s still on.
Fingers crossed

George

That's not good here's hoping it turns up somewhere local with little damage 🙏

Have you got any pics of the car so everyone know what to look out for?

So sorry to hear that Alan. I have a pic of you and your A2 from when we met in Shepton Mallet as part of the Bonnet Across Britain. Hope you get it back soon unharmed.

Difficult could for the police to find as it will be marked as Blue at the DVLA which conjures up a bright blue whereas Crystal Blue can seem like silver in some light. OTOH not so many Crystal Blues in my experience so should be easier to spot on auction sites.

Hi everyone

I woke up this morning to find my pride and joy A2, missing from where I'd parked it in the road outside my house in Bristol.
I've reported it stolen today, but in case anyone spots it, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know, as I'd love to have the car back - I'm hoping it's just been taken for a ride home or something.

Alan
Sorry to here that, judging by the list of kit under your signature it would look like someone who knows the value of parts may have had it away. Good idea to post up some photos of your car and interior..they got no chance of selling them on without someone on here spotting them....cheers nod

Sorry to here that, judging by the list of kit under your signature it would look like someone who knows the value of parts may have had it away. Good idea to post up some photos of your car and interior..they got no chance of selling them on without someone on here spotting them....cheers nod
Think I might change my signature 🤫

Again, that’s really quite awful. I hope that you get it back safely in one piece (or else if not, that the low-lifes responsible experience a slow fiery death in it).

Sorry, that’s probably a bit strong - but I just cannot comprehend the mentality of such oxygen thieves as these.

Hi everyone

Alan
Alan, are you on Facebook? If so, advertise it in the A2 groups there too for maximum coverage. The largest one is the A2 Owners Group (UK) run by @jp.oog but @A2Steve, @Chris Warren and @johnyfartbox are also administrators there. Or could any of you guys re-post this on Alan's behalf?

Hi everyone

Alan

Maybe we should all learn from this & think about more upto date protection to aid location/recovery.

Really feel for you
Keith.

Last edited:
You have checked with the council and towing companies to see if they "removed" it? Hate to say it but check all the scrap yards as it is very easy for them..

Were the keys taken? How much fuel was in the car?

Unfortunately no matter what steps you take they will still take the car if determined enough.

Hope it is found soon and you get it back.

Thanks all for your support.
As suggested, I’ll pop up some photos.

Apologies for the twin post. Finger trouble.

Al

Careful what you post on here as not a private site. Have known insurance companies trawl owners clubs and social media before making payments!

Important to track that key. Possible someone broke into the house and took the key or a victim of a pick pocket...

Re. Tracker. I use the following for my 1.2.
Seems to work well and not too expensive.

Can hide it away, and if power cut will notify you as well as having c.24 hours residual power itself.

Good shout. Might get myself a couple of those

Fingers crossed its just been taken for a spin rather than stolen for parts. I will keep my eyes out for a load of items suddenly appearing for sale. Will have a look at your signature too for the items of interest that the scum may try and move on for a quick Xmas buck...

Back