strange beep

churchill

i was wondering if anyone has had the problem before, i went over a speed
bump and a strange beep came from the dash, it was a lower tone than the low petrol beep. i havnt had the car that long and im still finding my way around it.

Hi Churchill

A warm welcome to the A2 club. This is a very friendly and supportive forum which will add lots of value to the ownership of your A2. There is some real experts like Mike (Skipton01) who are normally quick to respond with advise (I beat him to it for once!)

i was wondering if anyone has had the problem before, i went over a speed
bump and a strange beep came from the dash, it was a lower tone than the low petrol beep. i havnt had the car that long and im still finding my way around it.

Is the Radio on (possible switched on with the volume down to zero)

If so it may be the radio bleeping to say it's lost it's channel and can't auto re-tune into the same channel on another frequency. Had me foxed for ages. As you say, very soft sound, and from memory happens every minute or so.

Last edited:
i have a 2003 1.4 sport (petrol) is DIS the information that tells you how many miles you have left in your tank, if so then yes i do have DIS. my radio was on but not at a low level and didnt lose any signal. any other ideas

Back