Strut bearing

bix

I'm about to replace my creaky strut mount bearings and I can't find anywhere part numbers for that 3 bolts number 7 on the picture and nut which is number 5.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231108-123640.png
    Screenshot_20231108-123640.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 48
Nut number 5 (p/n N10401801) *usually* comes already present on top of your new shock absorber. At least - 5 out of 6 Bilstein shocks I've bought (in pairs) all had a nut on the threaded bit ; one was missing but was recycled from the old shock.

The three bolts are p/n N0195303. Apart from the strut mount they also appear to be used in the exhaust system, so most references to these online quote them as an exhaust part (for instance, Autodoc and related websites have them at ~30-50p each plus delivery).

Last edited:
Reactions: bix
You may well get 3x number 7 with the new strut bearing you purchase. This is the best way to obtain them, but they are not of a rare nature. I’ll see if I can find a number though.

Number 5 is the nut on top of the actual strut piston. I have reused the old, but many will (rightly) state they replace with new.
Again, will need to look for the code (may not be one, as part of the strut).

Tip: I use about 3-4 washers under this nut, so the nut is high enough out of the bearing to get decent purchase for ring spanner. All depends on the brand of strut bearing you have, but they all seem to have the nut quite low, and therefore difficult to get anything but a socket onto (and you may need to have a hex key to hold the actual piston at the top, so thus the use of a ring spanner).

There are a few posts on here for this task, including one from me I think…….

Cheers

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: bix
I'm about to replace my creaky strut mount bearings and I can't find anywhere part numbers for that 3 bolts number 7 on the picture and nut which is number 5.

Thank you in advance.
I replaced my top mount because it was creaking & it turned out to be my cheaply drop links🤬

Back