Suitable Aux/ Bluetooth

kkul_1

United-Kingdom
Hello everyone
I have the following double din system in my A2 from 03. I wish to add AUX(to fit Alexa auto) / Bluetooth kit to it.
What are your suggestions don’t wish to spend too much money on it as the better alternative is to fit Alpine/ pioneer system.

Which connect 2 units have people tried for the aux connection?
61ac910e200b5694f0a31882471b2e0a.jpg

Thanks
Kanad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning Kanad,

The topic of both auxiliary and Bluetooth inputs have been raised many times over multiple threads. If you scroll down you should see Similar Thread suggestions which is extremely useful.

Please do some further research by reading some of the suggested threads below or using your preferred search engine to locate additional information on Audi A2 aux Bluetooth.

As for the Alexa Auto, I would consider as many reviews on this device as possible, there is surely a very good reason why Amazon no longer sell it themselves. For this device to perform, it of course requires to be online, which is done through the data plan on your smartphone. It’s worth fully exploring what advantages the Alexa Auto provides over just the basic Alexa App on your smartphone.

Also read as many reviews as possible for any aftermarket products that others may offer as a potential solution. The item that Jeremy @sciroccorrado links above only has 2 reviews, which are not great. Buy cheap usually ends up as buy twice. As Jeremy is about to order one anyway (available next day with Prime), I’d get in touch with him over PM to discuss how great or not it actually is in the coming days. I know Jeremy would provide an honest review on this item as he does enjoy listening to music and wouldn’t stand for/accept poor audio quality, regardless of price.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello again Kanad,

Just a thought, if you’re only after streaming and not a handsfree module then have you considered a factory iPod module. If your smartphone is Apple then this would give you perfect clarity streaming.

Edit: Item now sold Have a look at this post in the Market (scroll down past the subwoofer). It acts as a CD Changer and can be removed from its housing/chassis to fit with behind the head until or even below the trim panel forward of the gearstick/below the ashtray.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Hello Tom,

Absolutely, I Went through most of them and look forward to hearing for the feedback from Jeremy. As I already own Alexa car that I used in my previous car it will be a simplest option. Other than that I think CarPlay system will be a better option. Since getting RNSE with both the Bluetooth adapters and fitted will work out a bit more expensive.

As I am looking for something to do both music & calls your module may not be of use

Thanks
Kanad

I’ve purchased one of these from Amazon. It’ll be going back as it doesn’t work.

When you plug it in the phone connects fine but you get no CDDC displayed on the head unit. From what I’ve read the Bluetooth adaptor needs to emulate the commands of a cd changer to fool the head unit into playing the audio input from the adapter.

The more expensive units do this.

I’ve purchased one of these from Amazon. It’ll be going back as it doesn’t work.

When you plug it in the phone connects fine but you get no CDDC displayed on the head unit. From what I’ve read the Bluetooth adaptor needs to emulate the commands of a cd changer to fool the head unit into playing the audio input from the adapter.

The more expensive units do this.

Some of the head units need VCDS code update to tell the music system that it now has a CD changer attached to it. Have you done this with your unit? That may also be an issue from what I have read on this forum.

Back