Sunfoof stuck open!!!!

daneneeliz

Hi does anybody out there know how to manually wheel in the sunroof... it’s come off it’s track and now I can’t close it at all. Would appreciate any answers... Thanks in advance guys ? I’ve got a 1.4 TDI 02 plate

Start by pushing it shut as far as possible, then, as mentioned above, wind with the Allen key, if this doesn't work, send a PM and I will explain how to properly close, also let me know if a repair is needed.

Start by pushing it shut as far as possible, then, as mentioned above, wind with the Allen key, if this doesn't work, send a PM and I will explain how to properly close, also let me know if a repair is needed.
Perhaps few of us would like to know, in case this happens, how to "properly close" the OSS? That would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Looks like this and it’s stick. It’s bent on one side but it was the left hand side but now seem to be on the right???

Attachments

• CD0F8FA1-BE90-4FEC-A1D3-665285A80ABD.jpeg
    CD0F8FA1-BE90-4FEC-A1D3-665285A80ABD.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 323
  • E3AB1F41-7886-47AD-84A5-60A339256164.jpeg
    E3AB1F41-7886-47AD-84A5-60A339256164.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 309
Looks like this and it’s stick. It’s bent on one side but it was the left hand side but now seem to be on the right???
That means one runner is broken, but not the other, it's a common problem, just keep pushing it, don't be afraid to put some force into it.

yes, it does; use a small screwdriver to pull the "glass" off and then you'll see how the switch panel itself comes down. The motor is behind the panel, you'll need to remove it to close the roof.

- Bret

yes, it does; use a small screwdriver to pull the "glass" off and then you'll see how the switch panel itself comes down. The motor is behind the panel, you'll need to remove it to close the roof.

- Bret
Thanks a lot I’ll try myself tomorrow and hope it doesn’t rain in the night...

Back