Symphony CD Changer Error 3

Fiona

United-Kingdom
I've been having issues with my Symphony CD changer. Radio works fine, but I get the dreaded Error 3 when loading CDs. It has been repaired before a few years ago, a bit had broken off.

I am going to take it out at the weekend and give it a wobble, I read a previous thread with a link about this technique! But, if it doesn't work do I try to find a replacement Symphony or do I get something else? If I go for another Symphony any advice or suggestions on where? Or if a different make again any suggestions?

Thanks all.

I have a spare one at home (Symphony 2) that has had the front panel removed but they are easy to swap over, I have tested the CD changer and all 6 work and load/unload fine. Might need to find the CODE for it but again that’s not an issue eBay has them. Let me know if it’s any use to you.
Cheers.
Drew.

I have a spare one at home that has had the front panel removed but it’s easy to swap them over have tested the CD changer and all 6 work and load/unload fine. Let me know if it’s any use to you.
Cheers.
Drew.
Thanks Drew. Yes, certainly interested. To be honest I haven't looked into compatibility, etc so not sure if this would be a case of one in, one out. How much would you be looking for?

I wouldn’t want anything for it at all. 🙂 I do use mine for some favourite albums. But I also have an FM transmitter that is Bluetooth enabled so can also play all my music through the stereo that way which is more modern. If it’s compatible (the same as the one in your car) it’s an easy swap to do. Would take less that 10 minutes.
015C0CD4-4E4C-4FF1-97F2-523718ED3C44.jpeg

Last edited:
I wouldn’t want anything for it at all. 🙂 I do use mine for some favourite albums. But I also have an FM transmitter that is Bluetooth enabled so can also play all my music through the stereo that way which is more modern. If it’s compatible (the same as the one in your car) it’s an easy swap to do. Would take less that 10 minutes.
View attachment 103945
Looks the same as mine!

View attachment 103945
Where are you located Drew? Also out of interest what bluetooth transmitter do you use?

I’m in East London but I don’t mind travelling, I really do love to drive my car. 🙂
I use one of these that can be bought from Halfords/Argos.
Work really well auto power off. Lots of other features.

I've been having issues with my Symphony CD changer. Radio works fine, but I get the dreaded Error 3 when loading CDs. It has been repaired before a few years ago, a bit had broken off.

I am going to take it out at the weekend and give it a wobble, I read a previous thread with a link about this technique! But, if it doesn't work do I try to find a replacement Symphony or do I get something else? If I go for another Symphony any advice or suggestions on where? Or if a different make again any suggestions?

Thanks all.
Audi tradition

I’m in East London but I don’t mind travelling, I really do love to drive my car. 🙂
I use one of these that can be bought from Halfords/Argos.
Work really well auto power off. Lots of other features.
Hi Drew. I'm in Farnham, Surrey. Although I am going to Maldon way next Wednesday if it helps to meet somewhere? Otherwise I'd be happy to pay for a courier.

Hi Drew. I'm in Farnham, Surrey. Although I am going to Maldon way next Wednesday if it helps to meet somewhere? Otherwise I'd be happy to pay for a courier.
Total swerve ball on this, I blummin love Angry Kid...brilliant profile pic!!!!

Back