Tailgate open warning/boot illumination

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoangel

Hi guys n girls,

anyone had problems with the tailgate interior light and the associated warning symbol (shown on FIS)not coming on when the tailgate is open?

First i tested the halogen bulb (top left hand side of boot) - no problem. I looked throught the fuses - all intact and functioning. Finally I opened the tailgate to it's widest extent and manually set the lock to closed and used the remote central locking key to open it - hey presto the boot light came on and returning the key to the ignition, the FIS illuminated the tailgate open warning. Buton closing the tailgate and reopening it wouldn't work!

Any ideas?

Regards

Lukas

:)Enjoying 75 mpg (3.75l/100km) to 90.4 mpg (3.1l/100km) at the moment -slightly less in very cold weather with winter tyres (-2 deg C).

First in UK?

06/2001 Audi A2 1.2 TDI LHD, Ebony Black, Style and Advance packages, converted to UK requirements (Tacho and headlamps are same as 1.4 TDI UK), iRiver ImP400 MP3/CD player.

Nope.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Sounds like a wiring/ecu problem. Thats what we have to put up with when we have technologically advanced wiring etc!.

Kick it is my motto........or better take it to your dealer and moan at them!.

And welcome to the forum!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

thanks steve,

yeah I'll drop it into John Fox Audi Nottingham this week - the g-tee I have is from the German Dealer so i'll have to see whether they'll honour it.

Pics on your site very soon!

Lukas

1.2 TDI LHD
66mpg around town, up to 91 mpg on a good run (29+ miles)

If it's brand new then the dealer must honour the warranty, certainly in the first year, and I think maybe the second. Anything over that and you'll be reaching for the folding stuff when you pick it up!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Called German Dealer I bought it from and they think it might be the locking unit on the tailgate which has a switch to turn light on when open and send same info to "door open warning" symbol generator on DIS/FIS. They have offered to send new lock/switch over to be fitted here in UK and re-imburse cost - better than most UK dealers I think!

Pics now on A2OC site Page 20 UK section

Regards

Lukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back