Taking apart headlamps to swap reflectors

Dalibu

A2OC Donor
At the weekend I'll be using the oven method to take apart firstly the old headlamp to retrieve the reflector. I've acquired new Valeo headlamps from Autodoc, £370 for a pair, delivered. Since they are for right hand traffic I'll have to open these up and put the reflectors in from the old ones. Looking at the photos it's hard to tell the difference in the reflector pattern. If I had all the right connections I'd power them up and shine them on a wall! Had given up on finding a used headlamp that would be polishable. Both the headlamps on my car and the two donor headlamps I have, seem to be dull on both the outside and inside.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2576.jpeg
    IMG_2576.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
You could have asked me I am in Horsham not far from you, I have over 8 Headlights, also a pair like new, too late now though.
Good luck with the conversion.

I admire your fortitude to heat and split a brand new pair of lights 💪. At least you can do the old ones first to remove the reflectors as a test-run.

At the weekend I'll be using the oven method to take apart firstly the old headlamp to retrieve the reflector. I've acquired new Valeo headlamps from Autodoc, £370 for a pair, delivered. Since they are for right hand traffic I'll have to open these up and put the reflectors in from the old ones. Looking at the photos it's hard to tell the difference in the reflector pattern. If I had all the right connections I'd power them up and shine them on a wall! Had given up on finding a used headlamp that would be polishable. Both the headlamps on my car and the two donor headlamps I have, seem to be dull on both the outside and inside.
Wow, would it not be worthwhile polishing your original ones as a trial? Nothing to lose

Back