Tandem Pump AMF 1.4 TDi

donp38

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
We have a leak coming from the tandem pump I think.
Os it worth trying a used unit or must we put a new one on?
Is it a simple undo and replace job?
Many thanks

why not just try the seal/washer first only about £6

Last edited:
Yes Ami, just thinking gaskets/seals.
Which is this?
Depends on the year, there are two types of gasket.
I would wipe down the pump with brake cleaner and let it dry. If there is any diesel on your hoses clean it all off with warm soapy water now. They deteriorate very quickly and are NLA.
Go for a drive and check where the diesel is leaking from. Top cover = new pump. Pump to head joint = new seal. Then clean the hoses again and protect from dripping diesel.

It is a 2002.
Did a clean off yesterday.
And then ran.
No leak apparent.
Went out tiis morning and patch under the car again. Yes diesel.
Top cover?

Will have another look..

Make sure you get the gasket with blue rubber in certain areas. Only about £15, worth a punt to see if it fixes it. Be very careful with torque on the 5mm bolts it's not tight, 10nm lower 5allen, 20nm top 6allen I think, search a thread on here to get it right.
If it needs a pump then buy a new one is often advice, don't recondition as they leak again quickly.
Removing the front two fuel pipes is tricky, be patient so as not to destroy them if softened. If they are blown and softened I would get new before starting the job and spring clips....

Many thanks
Just back from a run.
No sign of leak!!

Got really cold outside so calling it a day for now.
Many thanks

right then.
Can someone point me in the right direction please?
1. gaskets/seals to get and where from??
2. where to get a pump?
It's a 2002..

I think it looks to be leaking between the pump and head.

As for the pump then either search the same part number as existing or search for a Bosch F009D02799 and Erling gasket

Thanks again..
Looking now. Sure It has a Bosch currently fitted.
Gasket not included!
Goodness.

Unlikely to have a Bosch already fitted unless someone has replaced the tandem already. Make sure you get the Erling gasket WITH the 2 blue tracts of silicone.

Thanks, so cleaned off and looks to be leaking onto this pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
Thats coolant junction with temperature sender in. THe rubber hose looks in good condition now, but yes clean it off to stop it softening. Think that pipe goes to heater matrix? Ive seen way worse, so nows great time to sort it. youll be fine.

Great. Many thanks.
All looks quite good and original hence taking the plunge to renew the pump.
Not bad for 205k miles!

That coolant manifold has an O ring where it is bolted to the block. Leaking diesel could have compromised that seal so I would remove the manifold to check the seal is undamaged ( easily replaced ) and the seal groove is not compromised and "chipped or bits broken off"

And your 2nd and 3rd picture clearly shows you have an LUK tandem fitted.

I replaced that pipe in your picture which goes to the back of the engine on a forum members car, nightmare getting my hands back there,

That coolant manifold has an O ring where it is bolted to the block. Leaking diesel could have compromised that seal so I would remove the manifold to check the seal is undamaged ( easily replaced ) and the seal groove is not compromised and "chipped or bits broken off"

And your 2nd and 3rd picture clearly shows you have an LUK tandem fitted.

Any idea of a pt number for O-ring?
Indeed LUK tandem at present.
many thanks.

Back