Tarting up the A2 (in restrained fashion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

There are a couple of mods that I would like to do to the exterior of my A2 without spoiling what I think is the look or indeed the value of the car. There's nothing worse than seeing a be-spoilered over tyred car with tacky stick on headlamp eye-brows etc. etc. (apologies if I have offended anyone by saying this [:I]). So ... Max power add-ons are a no-no, especially as I don't think the car needs it.

I decided that the black B-pillar panel might look good it if had a carbon fibre finish even if it's the stick on sheet variety (If it was the real thing then it might shave a few grammes off the weight of the A2 too [:p]). Seems like an easy mod.

Also, for a car that is neary all ally, why aren't the door handles made of the same material? Maybe they are, it's such a shame that they are painted. Does anybody know? My brother has an Alfa 156, and the side profile of the car looks so much better for having Al finished door handles.

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

PS Despite what I said earlier re: alloy wheels, has anybody fitted the ABT V1 alloys? I think they look rather good, and are an excellent alternative to the usual spoke designs.

Hi Tino,

Take a look at my site at the European Owners Gallery Page 16. Thomas's A2 1.6 FSI is shown there with aluminium door handles which I must admit looks very smart - so that parts must be out there, even if you need to contact someone in Germany. I'm not so sure about the alu petrol cap though, that may be pushing it a little.

I like your carbon fibre idea - you'll have to send some snaps in of it when you've done it.

Haven't seen ABT's V1 alloys before and there isn't a picture of them on their site - but remember that as an A2OC member, you are entitled to 15% off any of their products.

Stuart.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

Hi,

The doorhandles feel like solid plastic. I like the alu look on the handles but I think that the handles are better in car colour.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the B pillar already black ??

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Thanks Stuart / Dennis,

The door handles don't look too bad in metallic finish, but the petrol cap is OTT.

If you have a look at an A-Class (Avantgarde or Elegance trim), then whatever you think of the car, at least they put in a bit of effort to dress up some of the mundane aspects - the door handles have chrome inserts, the sill trims are stainless steel, and the B-pillars are in mock carbon fibre design.

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

Hi everyone carbon fibre is my favorite material to put on the car hehhe it gives a very sporty look to the car .
http://foliatec.de is a site with a lot of staff to the car glass films and so on on
Tiago

TCasaca

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure that you can see well from the photos how good and smart the door handles and petrol cap really look.
The door handles are plastic and are just stick on ( although they still cost €50), they are originally made for the Golf 4.
The petrol cap is metal ( aliminium) and is screwed onto the original cap.
We think they both look really discreet and are a subtle but good contrast to the dark blue colour.
I'm always on the look out for strange and unusual extras for my A2. We also have a heavy aluminium gear stick ..its totally cool and looks way better than the standard Audi gear stick.
Believe me the door handles and tank are not OTT: and stop insulting my wifes A2 or there'll be trouble!!I'll try to take better photos so you can get a better idea of what they look like.
1.6 FSI with all the exras you can get !!!

Thomas Giblin

Thomas .. no insult intended [:I] !!! I'm sure you and your wife have excellent taste - hence the A2 :)

I'd be interested to see the close-up photos of the door handles. If they are stick on, do you think they are likely to come unstuck at some point?

I think the Foliatec carbon effect foil would look quite cool on the B-pillar, with a discreet A2 chrome badge or Audi rings. If you look at at an Merc A-class B-pillar up close (Avant-garde or Elegance) you'll see what I mean.

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back