TDI Engine swap 90bhp into 75bhp car?

Imia2

Hi guys, I am just wondering if its possible to replace a 1.4 tdi 90bhp engine into a car with an 1.4 tdi 75 bhp?
As I find it rare to find an 90bhp model which I have it's just the body work and interior is not that great condition but drives well so wanted to see if above is possible

The answer of course is that it’s possible, what is it that you’re looking for? A VNT turbo conversion is simpler than an engine swap and is covered in the Fb group 3PD V the world. You’d need to do some of that work to operate the VNT turbo.
Mapping a 75 gives a good power increase but a 90 or VNT conversion is better in my opinion.

George

Thanks George, the reason is I have drove a couple of the 75bhp tdi's and I do find the 90bhp a better drive guess will look into the VNT option aswell

I’m a fan of 90s, to me they are the best A2 in my opinion. 75s and FSIs are great but in different ways.
I have only ever seen one 90 engine for sale though. You probably will have more luck finding a 90 than just an engine.
With the help of the A2OC hive mind i have managed to buy 6 90s in the past two years but sometimes you do have to wait!
Good luck with your quest.

G

Back