[Tentative] International Meeting at Zandvoort Circuit NL 20th-22nd October

Seb_Gurkyh

Germany
Please mind that I only act as a messenger, this is not "my" event - as one of few Germans semi-regularly on A2OC I volunteered to let you guys know about this and gauge interest.

One of the guys on the german A2 Club forums is involved in trackday organization and has offered (pending confirmation and enough interest) to include an A2 meeting in an event he's working on at Zandvoort circuit in the Netherlands the weekend of October 20th-22nd 2023.

This was originally a proposal for the annual meeting of the german club but was deemed too late in the year for that:

Translation of a first proposal from November 6th by wittia2:
Hey, since I've been organising the Noordzeecup for years, I also determine the costs/allocations for it.

I guarantee:

1.) separate parking space in the paddock.

2) Who comes with caravan and A2, pitch from 20-22.10.

3.) 3-4 guided laps on the circuit.

4.) Possibility of a group photo on the start and finish line!

5.) Professional photographers on site

6.) I will show you the operations behind the scenes: Race control, headquarters, track announcer, etc.

7.) Tour "through" the teams' pits

8) Free entry everywhere (except security areas like pit lane etc.)

If you get a bungalow in the Centerpark, it includes a swimming pool. Bungalows are all renovated. Friday to Monday would be possible there!

The costs for the paddock incl. all points are only 50€ guaranteed. Accommodation and catering is extra! There are also rooms available through the VVR (private rooms).

Beach access is free! No visitor's tax etc. at the moment.

If there is no "meeting" there, forum members can still come to the race weekend. I will then also take the time to show you around. Unfortunately, parking and driving on the circuit will not be possible. But there will still be free entry for those who are interested. On the Formula 1 track in the dunes. For me, it's the most beautiful racetrack after the Green Hell!

At this point, we have about 10 interested members from the German club, which was enough for the organiser to look into going forward with preparations.
They are however saying, that for the full list above including guided (slow-ish?) laps, we would need at least 20 cars.
As the event is still quite a few months away, I expect that there'll be more interest as we get closer to the date.

One of the other guys from the German club has also started talks with the Dutch club and there seems to be some interest in the event there, too.
As there is no forum topic for the event on the dutch forum just yet, I don't know what that means in numbers.

Current list of interested parties on the German forums:

This link is likely to be the main place for updates, though I'll try and cross-post here if there's any news, assuming there is any interest here at all.
If you have any questions to the organiser/s, but don't want to post on the German page, feel free to ask here and I'll try to forward them if possible.

To get to Zandvoort from the UK, there are a few different options, though I'm not entirely certain whether all of these are available and/or a good idea at the end of October.
The sample pricing is taken from getting prices for April 7th-10th so take these with a grain of salt.

There are ~5 available ferry routes:

3x long distance from the english east coast, namely Newcastle, Hull and Harwich - I wouldn't personally recommend these if you get seasick easily though 🥴

* Newcastle-Amsterdam Ijmuiden (DFDS, 16h, ~450GBP) -> 5 Miles to Zandvoort Circuit
* Hull-Rotterdam Europort (P&O, 11h, ~300GBP) -> 65 Miles to Zandvoort Circuit
* Harwich-Hoek van Holland (Stena-Line, 8h, ~350GBP) -> 55 Miles to Zandvoort Circuit

2x short distance - usually OK even in less than optimal conditions 🌪️

* Dover-Calais (Pick your poison, 1h, ~220GBP) -> 240 Miles to Zandvoort Circuit
* Dover-Dunkirk (DFDS, 2h, ~220 GBP) -> 225 Miles to Zandvoort Circuit

There is of course the Eurotunnel as well, though that is fairly pricy for what it is - my personal favourite though with no need to even get out of the car

* Folkestone-Calais (Eurotunnel, 0.5h, ~420GBP) -> 240 Miles to Zandvoort Circuit

Obviously this isn't exactly at most A2OC member's front door, but I'd still be more than happy to see some of you outside of the epic A2OC socials 🤩

Thanks Seb. I'll put this on the 2023 socials list that I'm just finalising and link to your post for info 😊

Just realised that I forgot to include this Seb - sorry about that. I'll.add it in at lunchtime

Reminder that this is going ahead this weekend if anyone is still interested and/or nearby.
3-day return crossings to Calais/Dover were actually only about 85 pounds when I took one last month. ;)

Paddock entry incl. Parking there for the weekend is 50€, laps on the circuit (behind safety car) were supposed to be on Sunday around lunchtime, or so I heard.
(The main event is technically a bunch of amateur racing series starting on Friday)

I expect we should have about 20-30 cars from the German and Dutch clubs.

Further info or contact info can be found through the link to the German forums on post #1.

Back