Trade-in Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

This should give you a laugh-got a trade-in value on my A2 this afternoon (had enough of the service from the dealership and the poor quality of the A2). For a 1.4SE, silver, 800 miles and a month old-£10,000.

Laugh, I nearly fell off my perch.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Steve,

You have been given enough grief, so perhaps its time to return the favour. Don’t part exchange the car, ask your dealer for a full cash refund. In the process you can fairly explain that if you attempted to sell the car privately, and to tell the truth over its history and current faults then the car would be un-sellable.

I have to say that when any of us purchase a new car we do so for the peace of mind in enjoying trouble free motoring in order that we can get on with our lives. This however is so often not the case with the A2, when the owner must make it an almost full time job in jumping on and off the phone, writing letters, and making numerous visits to the dealers. Heavens is it really impossible for Audi to supply a perfect car when they have received perfect money ?

Regards
John Disdale

Steve,

I've already posted this on another thread, but I just PX'd mine for 10k - as you say, laughable. I am the second owner, it was registered in June 2002, 3500 miles.
I've been told that Audi dealers are struggling to register the number of cars required of them by Audi, so they really don't want any nearly new stock to stop people buying new - unless they can make a big enough margin on the nearly new stock presumably!

Interestingly, all the extras on my car made no difference to the value. They reckon even if it was diesel the PX would not have been much more.
If you do a used car search on the audi web site, most dealers have petrol and diesel A2's available, but it's very hard to find any other audi model with a diesel engine.
I was thinking of changing my petrol for a diesel A2, but I decided to get out of the Audi camp once and for all.
Out of interest, I bought a new A6 1.8T 3 years ago for about £22.5k - at 2 years old when I wanted to change it, it was worth about £10. I nearly got out of Audi then, but decided I liked the whole experience. I've now changed my mind!

Hope your problems get sorted out.

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

I think the A6 is a a great car - but most of the motoring press will confirm that it has a depreciation problem compared to its main opposition, the E Class and the 5 series. I think it makes a fantastic value used car. Used A6 prices are fairly similar to A4s - which cost around £4k less when new. All cars depreciate massively in the first couple of years - the A6 being an extreme example. The trick is to buy nearly new - and let someone else pay for the loss. And in absolute terms, the hit on a more expensive car is that much greater.

As for extras, for a fully loaded car, a used example will usually only sell for a few hundred pounds more. The advantage is that a loaded car is easier to sell in a crowded market. The key is to pay for extras on a new car if you are intending to keep the car for a while - or are able to remove them upon sale.

Looking at the Audi website, has anyone noticed that despite these ludicrous px values being offered, it is impossible to buy a 2002 model for anything less that £12.5k. Maybe Audi are trying to keep the value of A2s up - but we have discussed all this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back