ein 1.2Tdi in Erscheinenmeilen pro Stunde umzuwandeln. Diese
Umwandlung ist mindestens zweimal vorher auf den BRITISCHEN
eingetragenen Autos (gekauft in Deutschland), aber beiden Malen in
Deutschland erfolgt worden. Ich bat meinen lokalen Händler in
Großbritannien, es zu tun, aber sie lehnten ab! Sie haben vermutlich
nie ein 1.2Tdi vorher gesehen! Selben wie Fußball, Deutschland
immer in der Leitung!

RAB

Das geht doch per VAG-COM umzuprogramieren, richtig?
Dann sollte das ein lokaler Händler machen können.
Why not writing in english? :)

Erstens,

German is more (or too much) of a challenge for me! I have asked my local dealer (Audi Eastbourne) twice to do the conversion and they have refused! Yet they have done other work on the car! I even gave them the correct part number. They have probably never seen another 1.2Tdi. I am trying other Audi dealers and Audi UK. Presumably I could do this if I had VAG-COM?

RAB

Last edited by a moderator:
Erstens,

..//.. Presumably I could do this if I had VAG-COM?

RAB

Not sure, but think its well worth investing in the PC to VW cable to find out, plenty of sellers on e_bay uk.

I used the shareware version of VAG-COM to check and clear error codes on my 1.2 TDI -- its excellent for this. For something like changing the language of the display, one can test with the shareware version and see the car display change to English, but to save this kind of change, the full version of VAG-COM needs to be purchased.

GA

I think it works simply by VAG-COM. Because you can program it from a diesel to a petrol and other options. I bought a Kombi-Instrumen in GB so it is a brittisch one with miles on the instrument but I am sure, I wil read l/100km if I install it and it is programmed right.

According to Mike, this can only be done by a dealer as the unit includes the immobiliser. The car is linked directly to Audi Germany. The keys have to be recoded as well. All without the technician seeing the details.

RAB

Last edited by a moderator:
RAB, you are quite correct, as Audi now use the GEKO system which works as you describe.

Erstens is also partially right, as VAG COM can do certain bits of recoding, including language and units etc.

Cheers,

Mike

Back