Very inexpensive bluetooth option for Chorus

roc-a-rhol

A2OC Donor
Wales
After trying and failing with the cheap (£9) bluetooth adapters from ebay i took a punt on a retro method of playing bluetooth in my chorus 2.

If you're looking for decent sound quality with zero modifications required then this is for you.
You even get the tape whirl noise in the background!

drew

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311-142835.png
    Screenshot_20230311-142835.png
    523 KB · Views: 85
After trying and failing with the cheap (£9) bluetooth adapters from ebay i took a punt on a retro method of playing bluetooth in my chorus 2.

If you're looking for decent sound quality with zero modifications required then this is for you.
You even get the tape whirl noise in the background!

It is a bit more expensive, but BlueMusic works great with Chorus 2. I bought and installed one few weeks ago after considering your retro solution and realizing BlueMusic would work instead.

It is a bit more expensive, but BlueMusic works great with Chorus 2. I bought and installed one few weeks ago after considering your retro solution and realizing BlueMusic would work instead.

Got one of these in my flipper, the sound is brilliant on them and no complaints from either end during calls, brilliant bit of kit. And the dash looks exactly the same as it should too.

How is it powered? Is there a battery in it? Or does it have a dinamo to generate power for BT?:eek:

Edit: I saw the link only now, so I see it has a battery. How long does it actually play? Though it would be interesting if there was a dinamo inside to generate the power for BT :).

How is it powered? Is there a battery in it? Or does it have a dinamo to generate power for BT?:eek:

Edit: I saw the link only now, so I see it has a battery. How long does it actually play? Though it would be interesting if there was a dinamo inside to generate the power for BT :).
It takes the power from the back of the stereo, and all links in accordingly,no need to cut wires etc.

Though it would be interesting if there was a dinamo inside to generate the power for BT
That would be cool. :)

The signal path is interesting for this device. It starts in the digital domain, and is transmitted digitally to the BT receiver, where a DAC turns it into an analogue electrical signal. This is then converted to an analogue magnetic signal, only for that to be converted back into an analogue electrical signal within the head unit. This analgue signal is then amplified and sent to the speakers. Miraculously, the music you listen to still sounds vaguely similar to the original recording.

if you're referring to the one i posted it gets charged with a micro usb and claims 12hrs playback.
i played through it for a solid 2.5hrs on friday and another 2.5 on sunday with no issues

Reactions: mtl
These work well but I’d prefer an integral BT adapter. I used to use a cassette adapter back in the day with a Sony Discman car CD kit.

^^^ I was going to say that, but didn't know how to put it lol 😂o_O^^^
Also, I miss the trails of cassette tape that used to be common on the road side, where exasperated driver threw jammed cassettes out of the window 🤬.
Ahhh those were the days, ("my friend, we thought they'd never end ..." ).
Mac.

Back