What size do I need?

Taake

I'm looking at some Rotiforms for my Tdi SE. Probably going to go 17s with a view to lower ride height in the future. These ones really catch my eye, but what is the exact offset I need with 17s and what would be a good tyre size? Don't want a low profile tyre.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-135900_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-135900_eBay.jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 93
The standard OEM RS4-style 17's are ET38 x7J, and take a 205/40 tyre. My Storm is lowered 25mm on 215/40 on RS4's without rubbing. I don't think 205/45 would work though.

Last edited:
The standard OEM RS4-style 17's are ET38 x7J, and take a 205/40 tyre. My Storm is lowered 25mm on 215/40 without rubbing. I don't think 205/45 would work though.
How does it look on 17s lowered 25mm? Could you go lower or would that cause rubbing? Did you go for coilovers or springs?

It's on normal springs. Personally I woudn't go any lower, it's fine as it is. There are a couple of on-road pics here - see IMG_0606 and IMG_0607.

You would need adapters from 5x112 to 5x100 for those Rotiform wheels. This would in turn affect the offset (ET), the eventual combination needs to be suitable for the extra width of the 8J wheels. Also the minimum recommended tyre width for 8J is 215mm.

I'm looking at some Rotiforms for my Tdi SE. Probably going to go 17s with a view to lower ride height in the future. These ones really catch my eye, but what is the exact offset I need with 17s and what would be a good tyre size? Don't want a low profile tyre.
Wheel size does not affect ride height. Stays the same regardless. As the wheel diameter increases, tyre height (profile) decreases.
Only lowering springs will decrease ride height. If you want to lower the car, do that first, then, when it is where you want it, choose wheels to suit.
Generally, lower = harder ride.
Mac.

Wheel size does not affect ride height. Stays the same regardless. As the wheel diameter increases, tyre height (profile) decreases.
Only lowering springs will decrease ride height. If you want to lower the car, do that first, then, when it is where you want it, choose wheels to suit.
Generally, lower = harder ride.
Mac.
Maybe I worded that wrong, but yeah, I know that lol. I just meant I would be lowering ride height/suspension before or after doing the wheels 👍🏼

Back