Wife’s A2

robrace

Asked me to fill the car up! Fuel flap wouldn’t open so good job I took car to petrol station!Opened flap through boot no problem! When either of drivers side doors are opened no interior light,and doesn’t show up on dash!lock micro switch?Are they available new and how big a job is it?

Try all doors and boot, if more than one isn't shown on dash that is opened then possibly comfort module issues with inputs/ outputs/ wiring

Before you worry too much. Remove the battery from the car and fully charge it. When refitting make sure battery terminal and leads are clean the torque them. Low battery causes issues.

The fuel flap is probably the drivers door open microswitch.

Both drivers side don’t show up as open! Interior light doesn’t come on so thinking from what I have read likely to be microswitch on lock! If I’ve got to take door apart I will leave till warmer weather as not enough room in garage! Just filled up with fuel so ok for at least a month😁

Please make sure that you have two working keys ( at least ) and the second is available as it is easy for the car to relock itself as it does not see the drivers door as open.

Back