Wiper blade proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

Found some hard evidence direct from the horses mouth (Audi) regarding the revised wipers which should be standard on newer A2's.

The publication is question is Audi's own "The Audi Magazine", issue 27 Spring/Summer 2002.

On page 9 is a two-thirds page article entitled "Audi A2 gets higher specification and sport package" (the top of the page also says "2002 A2"). I won't retype the whole article, but it talks about the revised spec for A2's which includes the bigger fuel tank, and for SE models the Concert II single CD player being standard.

The most important part is it says this "A new streamlined blade for the single windscreen wiper improves clearing and reduces wind noise".

So there you have it, straight from Audi and every dealer will probably have copies of the magazine around the waiting area. So no dispute then.

If you haven't got the correctly fitted wiper which you paid for as part of the car, get the dealer to fit it.

I've also posted this on the topic "Wiper Blades".

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Steve,

I certainly remember that article, and quoting it to my dealer. The problem here though is that whilst the printed word generally has some meaning in legal circles, it means zero to Audi UK and Audi dealers. Basically it’s like advertising black paint, but only supplying white – with Audi saying what’s wrong with that.

Yes I agree totally that all 2002 cars should have the new “floppy” wiper, and not just those recently classified as 2003 production models, however what I say has very little to do with what one gets.

Regards
John Disdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back