Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

If anyone read my post elsewhere on the forum on the problems I was having with my replacement A2, here is an update.

Trim rattles by drivers ear, behind centre console and rear seat-offending trim removed, adjusted and replaced. Although not cured the rear seat squeak.

Noise coming through rear nearside door-window adjusted as poor fitting.

Boot warning on when boot shut-catch and sensor adjusted.

Noise whilst driving-wheel bearing replaced-lasted 700 miles so good going really.

And all fixed with the usual "this is what we've done, here are your keys, now push off and don't expect a simple apology".

I love the Audi experience-very Germanic and clinical. They should get an award for it.

Anyway, I've had enough and I'm now looking at how I can get rid of the car as soon as possible (see my other post on trade-in values). You live and learn.

Any buyers out there for a 1.4SE, 2002 (52 reg)?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Hi Steve,

Thought the tone of your posts had changed recently. Sorry to hear about your continuing problems.:( It really does seem like AUDI have messed up a little with some A2's.

Kaine

Steve,
Does that mean you won't be coming to the A2 get together[:I]

Sorry.....

Steve, you have my sympathy. I eventually got £9500 for my trade-in...
Don't write off Germany engineering. I have to say (shouldn't really as this is an A2 forum) the Golf is superb. It's quick, quite and very good on the juice.
Chin up :)

Roy

Thanks for the comments.

It's one of those long stories, but today I'd had enough.

Whilst I appreciate the dealer replacing my original A2 due to the poor PDI etc and the very basic of customer service received (some below even basic) whilst I was making my many visits to the dealer, the replacement vehicle has been back for over 2 days having bits and pieces sorted. One being a wheel bearing. OK, not exactly Audi's fault, but it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Up to now I have not made any request for any form of compensation for the time and fuel lost going backwards and forwards to the dealer, making arrangements to leave work early etc etc, not to mention the general stress caused (a bit OTT some may say, but I have enough to worry about without this hassle).

With these latest problems with the replacement I thought now was the time to approach the subject. However, I was told today that being given a replacement A2 was compensation enough, and anything else is tough (in so many words). I'm suprised they don't charge me for the use of their vehicle whilst mine is in!.

The replacement A2 was to put me back in the position I should have been from day 1.

And to top it all, one of the problems they were supposed to have sorted is not, and now the drivers seat is creaking. So yet another trip back.

So that's why I'm angry. The car may run like a dream for the rest of it's life, but I can't trust it, and I won't enjoy visiting the dealer. At least the service intervals are long!.

So I'm looking for ways out to stop anything else happening. That way I get rid of the Audi brand and the dealer gets rid of a "problem customer". Best for all. But if I can't afford it then I'm stuck with the thing for a few years...

Steve,

Don't read my post 'I love my A2'. Maybe too late. Dont mean to frustate you even further. Sorry.

Kaine

Replacing one lot of problems with another load of problems is hardly what I call compensation. Indeed compensation is an act which should put you in front – not leave you behind.

For certain it’s a totally unacceptable situation if a dealer makes an A2 owner feel guilty over registering a complaint.

I did wonder.....;)

No, no offence taken. Thats what the forum is for afterall:D.I will add my comments tomorrow to show where I came from in my choice of Audi and the A2(it's late now).

I know exactly where you come from-brands are a very strong thing, and having owned a SEAT I thought the next step up the ladder (after a VW) would be an Audi. I just wished I had gone via the VW route, or not at all and stuck with what was a good car and dealership.

The grass is always greener and all that:)

Steve,
Did you buy the A2 on HP? If so, then I believe you can reject it to the finance company if you are getting no joy from Audi.

Trade in values are not very good at the moment, Audi dealers only want to buy the A2 in if the price is right (for them). I just px'd mine for a BMW 323 and got £10k - I visited VW, Audi and Seat, and 10k was the same bif from all :(
There was nothing wrong with mine, I just decided I couldn't live with the performance.
Hope you have more luck.

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

Runboy: Wow, I am shocked, I must have missed something as I had no idea you were so unhappy. The quality of each A2 really does seem to vary from car to car which is quite disgraceful from what you would expect from a high quality German manufacturer.

I bought the current shape Golf when it first came out and had many recurring problems with it. In the first 8 months of ownership it had been back to the dealer about 7 times plus I had written to VW UK and the dealership many times with detailed 2-3 page letters of problems with the car! So I know how you feel. I suffered with it for nearly 2 years and then felt I needed to get away from VW and so I tried the new SEAT Toledo!

Anyway, I'm sure we can manage to have another Golf at the social :D so whatever happens, I hope you will still come.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

Runboy - it started with a kiss - can't believe it has come to this!

No seriously, whatever problems you have with the car, buying a premium brand should at least entitle you to premium service - and the dealer should be going out of his way to make sure you are satisfied. It should after all be in his interest as well. The fact that the second car is no better than the first is not your fault - and the dealer should still be doing their best to remedy the situation.

This totally confirms my theory that all dealers are great until something goes wrong - it is only then that they reveal their true colours - and unfortunately, very few emerge with much credit in such a situation. I think this is really where the car-buying problem lies - if the likes of Hyundai and Daewoo are getting their service values right, then they are definitely on the right track. The problem is we often buy cars with our hearts rather than our heads. My first car was a Peugeot - and the dealer was fantastic. I don't want a Peugeot, but after reading the goings on at Audi, I may have to go back to them.

You may be fed up - but in the cold light of day, is it really best to cut your losses? Can you afford it and will it be any better next time? (Although I doubt if it could be much worse).

Hope you get everything sorted soon. Best of luck and let us know what you do.

Sorry to hear that you have finally had enough Steve. I'm not surprised however and had written in my last post about how patient you have been considering the bother you have had.

A few people have said can you afford to change. It sure is hard to take a substancial loss in such a short space of time but at the end of the day if, every time you drive your A2, you are simply looking for problems or just driven mad by the ones you know are there, however small they may be, then you will not enjoy ownership of the car at all and will probably just become more and more wound up.

It comes down to whether you can accept dealing with a garage you don't like and a car you think is substandard to save money.

I can say that now I have seen the back of the Audi garage I dealt with I feel a lot happier and to boot I love my new car. Only had it 4 days but the moment I drove home in it I felt more at home than I did in my A2 and A3. Ironically it's a Seat Leon - your old car. If you decide to go for a Seat again then I can heartily recommend the Leon TDi. I only have the 90HP version but have not found myself wanting for power yet. It is also totally rattle free - something that the A2 or A3 I had was not.

Hope you can get a decent resolution to your situation soon.

Regards,

Jamie.

Thanks Jamie. That's exaclty how I felt-I still love the A2 concept, but I don't want to be driving round picking holes where there are no holes to pick.

Financial sense will have to prevail if need be-you don't live in your car and it doesn't feed you or keep you warm in winter!!!!. But I will do my hardest this weekend to see what I can sort out.

Enjoy the Leon-my old SEAT garage was the first place I visited yesterday......

What colour is it?. Is it an S or SE?. Have you looked at www.seatcupra.net yet?. Great forum!.

Very sorry Steve to hear of your problems. I too had sensed you were becoming disenchanted with Audi some time ago, so I am not altogether shocked.

I guess I was lucky (touch wood). The replacement A2 I got is a beauty and better than the first version in every respect.

Hovever, in your position I would be doing exactly what you are - cut and run. You have had too many problems with the car and frankly the future is gloomy unless you change your wheels. A badly put together car is not going to be put right by a few trips to the dealer. Something else will always go wrong - you can count on it.

I will be sorry to see you go but you definitely need to move on. Hope you can sort out some sort of deal with SEAT/VW whoever.

Best of luck.

Jon

Steve,,
Don't you have some come back on the sale of goods act???
Fit for purpose and all that?

Have a chat with your local Trading standards to see if they can help.

Roy

Roy

It has crossed my mind-trouble is, the major stuff has been fixed, so unless it goes wrong again...
And the remainder of the stuff now is a squeaky rear seat (which they did say they had fixed), a creaking drivers seat, and now the rear hatch has a bit too much play in it (I presume when they fixed the false "boot open" warning on the dash) and bangs when you go over nastier bumps.

Enough for a rejection?. But at least it will give me some kind of peverse pleasure in going back again for these items to be fixed (in a "told you so" kind of way).

runboy with you words i think most of us are starting to think if we did a good choise buying the a2 anyway something i have problems with our car and the dealers aren´t able to work them out they just want to sell sell sell but if you love your car like we all do don´t
Regards
Tiago - a2 1.4 tdi - silver

TCasaca

I know it's been a pain, but if you can convince yourself I think you should stick with it. As you say, the remaining issues are fairly minor and the PX situation is a tad unpleasant. I reckon get the remaining niggles sorted, then switch to a different dealer so you don't have to deal with the annoying one any more, and enjoy the good points of the car. What other car would you rather have?

Just my 2p

viffer

Thanks guys for the comments. I can see both sides of the coin-jump now or keep on in there....

I had a final trade-in offer today for my 2003 model, 800mile A2 SE-£10,500!.

OK, enough for a brand new Leon 1.6S, but then I've lost £4k, and I would hope that at least the A2 will be worth more in 4 years than the Leon (so I would loose more there too if I traded-in).

Decisions decisions!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back