Yaw Rate Sensor replacement - What do I need?

Ken Long

Like a number of other members I have endured the curse of the intermittent ABS warning light. Hadn't had an issue for ages then in the last couple of weeks it has become a bit too frequent.
We have just got back from Norfolk (hitting an impressive 67.3mpg in the process) and the warning came on a couple of times. I have just run a VCDS-Lite scan and have the error codes 01130 (ABS Implausible signal), and 01542 twice, one saying 57-10 and the other 27-10. This is for Yaw Rate Sensor G202.
So as a first step I'm going to replace the yaw sensor I think. What am I looking for? I have seen previously here that Audi can supply them for £500+ which is a bit rich for my wallet. I have also seen members use Yaw Sensors from the TT successfully.
So does anyone have a yaw sensor that would fit our 2001 1.4Tdi? Or could you point me in the right direction on eBay (what part number etc)?
Thanks in advance!

This appears to tick all the right boxes:

Any thoughts?
This does indeed contain a yaw rate sensor, but it is for later models of A2s that feature the MK60 variant of ABS controller.
Given that your A2 is a 2001 model, I strongly suspect that it has the earlier MK20 variant.
Knowing which version of ABS controller you have is crucial. A diagnostic scan with VCDS will tell you which version you’ve got, but a photo of your engine bay would also allow me to identify the generation of ABS on your car.

Cheers,

Tom

This does indeed contain a yaw rate sensor, but it is for later models of A2s that feature the MK60 variant of ABS controller.
Given that your A2 is a 2001 model, I strongly suspect that it has the earlier MK20 variant.
Knowing which version of ABS controller you have is crucial. A diagnostic scan with VCDS will tell you which version you’ve got, but a photo of your engine bay would also allow me to identify the generation of ABS on your car.

Cheers,

Tom
When you scan the ABS Controller, you'll see the lbl file name in the top left corner of the screen.
It'll either show: 8Z0-907-379-MK20.lbl, or 8Z0-907-379-MK60.lbl
Mac.

Hi Tom
Thanks for your very quick reply!

Engine bay and VCDS Lite pics attached. If you need any other photos let me know.

ABS report.jpeg

A2 engine bay.jpg

When you scan the ABS Controller, you'll see the lbl file name in the top left corner of the screen.
It'll either show: 8Z0-907-379-MK20.lbl, or 8Z0-907-379-MK60.lbl
Mac.
Ah, I might need to do another scan! Will it show on VCDS Lite?

Ah, I might need to do another scan! Will it show on VCDS Lite?
Seeing your screen shot, I'm not so sure I'm correct in my post.
You can't do an Auto Scan in the free version, but if you could do an Auto Scan, you'd see:

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: None\par
Controller: 8Z0 907 379 D\par
Component: ESP FRONT MK60 0101\par
Coding: 0007303\par
Shop #: WSC 02154\par
VCID: 49E567C260A1\par

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: None\par
Controller: 8Z0 907 379 D\par
Component: ESP FRONT MK20 0101\par
Coding: 0007303\par
Shop #: WSC 02154\par
VCID: 49E567C260A1\par

Best leave it with Tom.
Mac.

Is my best bet looking to be eBay? Are people's experiences generally positive when buying this sort of component there? Or best to put a request on the Market here?

Is my best bet looking to be eBay? Are people's experiences generally positive when buying this sort of component there? Or best to put a request on the Market here?
They are rather rare in working order but you may get lucky on here. ive had two from ebay one lasted 16months and the one fitted three weeks ago cleared the issie but will see how long for.

Like a number of other members I have endured the curse of the intermittent ABS warning light. Hadn't had an issue for ages then in the last couple of weeks it has become a bit too frequent.
We have just got back from Norfolk (hitting an impressive 67.3mpg in the process) and the warning came on a couple of times. I have just run a VCDS-Lite scan and have the error codes 01130 (ABS Implausible signal), and 01542 twice, one saying 57-10 and the other 27-10. This is for Yaw Rate Sensor G202.
So as a first step I'm going to replace the yaw sensor I think. What am I looking for? I have seen previously here that Audi can supply them for £500+ which is a bit rich for my wallet. I have also seen members use Yaw Sensors from the TT successfully.
So does anyone have a yaw sensor that would fit our 2001 1.4Tdi? Or could you point me in the right direction on eBay (what part number etc)?
Thanks in advance!
This is the same part I used to replace mine (2001 TDI 75)
Regards

This is the same part I used to replace mine (2001 TDI 75)
Regards
Early Mk1 TTs also had MK20 ABS controller, so yaw sensor from early Mk1 TTs fit similar vintage A2, I believe.
Mac.

Sorry to sidetrack, but I have seen another thread discussing using a MK60 Duosensor on a MK20 car, with different connector of course. Did anyone ever try that?

Back