cccu unit issue

mark06

My central locking unit has stopped working. My model is: Mine is 8Z0 959 433 0 and I seen one on ebay with similar model below can any 1 tell me if this would work
EBAY IS 8Z0 959 433 AF

My central locking unit has stopped working. My model is: Mine is 8Z0 959 433 0 and I seen one on ebay with similar model below can any 1 tell me if this would work
EBAY IS 8Z0 959 433 AF

Hi, perhaps you have disconneted the car battery recently?

Unlock the door with the key, put it in the ignition and turn it on, then press unlock on the key, switch off and remove the key, it should now work again.

Steve B

Also consider perhaps replacing the battery in your key. My key kept dropping it's code, then I would start the car and the key would lock it fine again. I changed the batteries and it has been fine ever since.

If you do go for a second hand one , make sure it comes with a remote fob so its just plug and play

Hi thanks for your replies. I did unplug battery to try and reset now back doors won't lock at all. I will try new battery in key and give that ago. If I do get a second hand 1 with fob should it just work straight away

Hi thanks for your replies. I did unplug battery to try and reset now back doors won't lock at all. I will try new battery in key and give that ago. If I do get a second hand 1 with fob should it just work straight away
But did you try the suggestion i made to re-pair the key to the cccu. That is always nevessary when you have disconnected the battery. It should solve your problem.

Steve B

Yes it did not work :(

I have not heard of a CCCU failing to work the remote due to a fault, not impossible, but not likely.

I would hate to have you buy a CCCU and it not making any difference.

Are there any memebrs near Mark that could scan for faults and try a re-Pairing for him?

Steve B

Ive got a CCCU and paired fob you can borrow to test with as long as your prepared to pay postage both ways i dont see a problem, it had an intermitted fault where it would leave the passengers door locked every so often but apart from once in a blue moon it happened it worked fine ..

- Gary

EBAY IS 8Z0 959 433 AF

Hi Mark,

The CCCU in your car is likely to have part number 8Z0 959 433 Q. Note the final symbol is the letter Q rather than the number 0.
CCCUs with part number 8Z0 959 433 AF are suitable replacements in that they're compatible with the car. However, the remote key fobs for Q-type and AF-type CCCUs are different. Unless you also buy replacement fobs that are compatible with the AF-type CCCU, then the remote central locking will not work.

Cheers,

Tom

I could do that Gary not a problem. Thanks.

Just Pm your details and ile dig it out for you tommorz and get it sent off , at least then youl know for sure and im in no hurry for it back, well untill you either get a replacement or yours repaired will be fine

Hi Mark

If you find you need to replace the CCCU, I have one AF version for sale including two remote key fobs.

Let me know by PM if interested after you have tested it out.

Good Luck

Hilary

My central locking has just randomly started working but when I locked doors and come back after 30 mins back doors are open. Try to press unlock and back doors just click and front stay locked

Last edited:
so I'd lock them, make sure they're locked (all of them) and see what happens.

If you lock with the key in the door, does it do something different?

- Bret

Sounds like the CCCU is playing up, also a heads up you can fit any model CCCU as long as youv got a matching or paired remote fob and then its just plug and play, fit the new CCCU and as steve advised earlier, Unlock the door with the key, put it in the ignition and turn it on, then press unlock on the key, switch off and remove the key, it should now work again.

Hello,

I borrow this post....

My name is Björn and lives in Sweden. Excuse my bad English, using Google Translate. Have a little problem with my A2, neither the key or backdoors works. One rear door (right) is always open (it is not possible to lock), the other rear door (left) will not open. I managed to disassemble the left backdoor even though it was locked. Managed taking apart the locking mechanism to open the door. I changed the lock mechanism and the door swung open and close, but not locked. Disconnected the battery for a while and then switch it back on. Now the door was locked again and could not get up.
Sometimes it sounds from the locks of the doors and the interior lighting flashes. I have also heard a clicking sound from eccu. Have read some of CCCU online and its problems. Is now sure that it is CCCU problem.
I have a 8Z0 959 433 C in my car. I asked a dealer and it will apparently be 8Z0 959 433 N in my car. Maybe the previous owner changed?

My question is which one fits my car or if I can use such 8Z0 959 433 AC or someone else?

What is the difference ? Someone who is familiar with the subject and have a lot of experience.

I have an A2 1.4 petrol, 00-08-11, WAUZZZ8ZZ1N027600

Thank you in advance / Björn

Last edited:
Hi Tom. I got an AF cccu with fob paid 70 for both.
Will it just plug straight in. Do I need to unplug battery when doing it

When i swapped mine over i disconected the battery just to be safe, and as youv got the matching fob yes it is just plug and play

Back