1.2 Tdi 3l - Has your clutch lever got a spring???

Just spotted on one of the technical drawings in an SSP the clutch lever/actuator has an additional spring to pull the lever out (un-clutch)

Mine does not have one!

My car often wont start unless I jiggle the clutch actuator (despite doing basic settings) & this may be the issue

There is a spring in the ETKA illustration of the clutch coupling. It connects to the release shaft but has no part number...
The photo uploader is not working here and so it is difficult to share the image.

Last edited:
There is a spring in the ETKA illustration of the clutch coupling. It connects to the release shaft but has no part number...
The photo uploader is not working here and so it is difficult to share the image.

Hi,

If you use the basic uploader (on the same screen as the "select files" then that works fine.

Steve B

Steve,

The basic uploader is not showing an OK button to me at the moment...

John

There isn't an OK button, you just click on the "Basic Uploader" link , then just click browse and find your file, then double click on the file you want and then click on the "Upload Files" link just under the browse field.

Steve B

Capture.JPG

Ooops. I didn't twig the upload files was a button...

There is no such spring on any of our cars. Why do think that you need one? Has water got into the clutch housing?

RAB

I have occasional non starting issues, a tug on the clutch cable fixes it every time.... so a spring would probably do the same job, I'll give it a try anyway

Just awaiting my vcds kit so I can do basic settings etc, though I'm not 100% sure my clutch actuator is giving the right readings it seems a bit random, I'm guessing the potentionometer is foobarred.

Are you sure it's not a clutch problem? When I bought the A2, the rubber moulding from the top of the clutch housing was missing. I replaced it but it was too late - water had got in. Gradually the clutch seized up - it had to be replaced eventually.

RAB

The clutch feels fine otherwise, though I dont suppose there is an access hole to view the clutch plate is there?

My problems I think stem from the potentiometer being a VAG & electrical item now doubt made in Spain!

Back