1.4 petrol sounds like a cricket.

thestable

I’ve recently noticed that it sounds like my car has some crickets under to bonnet.

I’m pretty sure it’s the timing belt. I ha it replaced about 4 years ago when I bought him but I’ve done a few miles now.

Just wondering if it’s a big job to sort it via adjustment and if it’s an expensive job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve recently noticed that it sounds like my car has some crickets under to bonnet.

I’m pretty sure it’s the timing belt. I ha it replaced about 4 years ago when I bought him but I’ve done a few miles now.

Book your car in with Gary at B&F Motors in Hounslow. Gary is an acknowledged expert when it comes to the A2, and the charges there are very reasonable.

Just wondering if it’s a big job to sort it via adjustment and if it’s an expensive job.

If it’s a rotational chirp, it most likely is a tensioner bearing, on either the aux or cambelt.

Back